Author Topic: Character Pages  (Read 6350 times)

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
Character Pages
« on: October 15, 2011, 10:17:44 AM »
Hey everybody...it's been quiet around here lately...

Now that I've exhausted all of the episodes I have on hand, it's time to get started on the character pages.

First and foremost, I owe a HUGE thanks to Paul for an unbelievable amount of help in compiling information for these pages. Seriously, Paul...I can't tell you how much time you've saved me!

The first of many character pages that I've updated is for Ana Platypus.

http://www.neighborhoodarchive.com/mrn/characters/ana_platypus/index.html

I'm sure there is still plenty of fine-tuning to be done as work on these pages continues, but I'm very much looking forward to this section of the Archive site coming together.

Once these pages are looking sharp, then it's time to start thinking about doing something similar with the many locations and such from the Neighborhood. One thing at a time though...

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
Re: Character Pages
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 07:59:36 PM »
It's going to be fun to test our memory of MRN as we read the character pages.  I've already noticed that on Ana's page you might want to add the school song under songs for Ana - Ana, Prince and Daniel.

Just curious, how are you able to sort out the episodes of who's in what episode?  It seems like a daunting task even with the small number of episodes you do have out of the possible 800 or 900.  Do you have a database or spreadsheet file that has everything on it and it spits out how many have Aberlin episodes there are and so on.   

Also, are you going to eventually insert the actual episode guide for the remaining episodes you don't have in your archive?  Or are you leaving them blank until they either get released by FCI or you find them?

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 09:17:39 AM »
Good call on adding the Ana Prince & Daniel song. Not sure why, but I've never included that in the episode descriptions. I should probably go back and do that at some point.

As for knowing which episodes certain people/characters are in, it was just a matter of compiling that information as I did each of the episode descriptions. At the bottom of each episode page is a list of all characters appearing in that episode. Part of doing each episode page was going to the cast, character, and song pages for those that appeared and adding a link back to that episode. A time-consuming task? Yes. But worth it in the end.

You also asked about the episodes that are remaining to be documented. At this point, that's pretty low on my priority. When I started this Archive site, my biggest concern was making sure that everything on the site is verifiable and accurate. Without actually seeing these episodes, I have no way of verify that the descriptions are entirely accurate -- although I am confident that those found on the Fred Rogers Center database are accurate. We'll see. I'm still holding out hope that these older episodes will eventually see the light of day in one form or another -- even if it's years down the line. In the meantime, there are plenty of other things that can be done to make the site better and better (such as the character pages that are currently being added).

Not just for the character pages, but for anything on the site, if anyone ever comes across anything to add/change/etc, by all means, please let me know. As I've said before, I want this site to be as accurate and complete as possible.

pastorscott

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 08:01:41 PM »
I think that there is a glitch with Audrey Roth's page; she appeared in a lot more episodes than the ones listed on her character page.

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 08:13:41 PM »
That's Audrey Roth the character. Not the cast member. As a cast member she was in many more as Miss Paulificate. As Audrey Roth the character though, that's all of the appearances from episodes that I've got on hand.

pastorscott

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 11:52:13 AM »
OK, I understand the clarification now! 

Lawrence Martin

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 12:53:17 PM »
I look forward to the other ones that our on the way love to see how you would take some one like Betty Aberlin and her make-believe character Lady Aberlin like in Episode 2 she went from being Betty Aberlin to Lady Aberlin Mister Rogers even said I should call you Lady Aberlin now before he went inside to start make-believe Betty even tlaks about how they would pretend with him in those early days on Episode 1457 even in that episode they look at 1013 where Mister  Rogers says in the film why it's Lady Aberlin so there were times that Betty was Lady Aberlin in the Real neighborhood hope this helps
your neighbor
Lawrence
Neighbor Lawrence L Martin :)

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 07:27:01 PM »
I'm sorry to be redundant, but are Cast bio pages going to be written as well.  I was reading the Betty Aberlin section again and we don't really know if that is indeed her house.  Maybe "bka" can elaborate further.  I thought she lived in NY.  The neighborhood caverns is really not the neighborhood caverns.  They are located in Luray, VA.  I'm guessing you are writing the Character pages as if they were found/broadcasted on the show versus the cast pages where a complete bio will be found. 

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 08:43:25 PM »
You're exactly right. The pages that are currently being updated are written strictly from a character perspective. Whether or not that is truly Betty's house on the show does not matter at this point. On the show it is Betty's house so that's the perspective we're going from. Same with the cavern. That cave is obviously not a part of the set but from the perspective of the characters and the show, it is found within the Neighborhood.

Cast pages are definitely something that I want to get to at some point. Possibly after the character pages and fine-tuning a few other things.

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 09:33:27 PM »
I know this probably could go on another section of the archive, but Fred often mentioned that the characters of the NOMB were facets of who he was.  One could write an essay on what all those characters represented in Fred.  Or maybe insert an area on the character pages on the characteristics that we found in Fred to be in that character.  Daniel was shy, Fred was often shy in crowded places I think from what I read.

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 09:16:54 PM »
The Daniel page really looks great Tim!  Excellent job on capturing all the details about Daniel. 

Mike

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 09:33:26 PM »
Thanks Mike. There's so much to cover with some of these characters that I'm sure something has been left out. Of course, these pages are always going to be a work in progress so additional information can be added at any time.

Of course, let me point out again that these pages would not be coming together so smoothly if it wasn't for the help of Paul...so a big thanks goes his way again as well...