Author Topic: Screen Shots from The Toy Model Neighborhood  (Read 6546 times)

ladyelainefairchilde

• Westwood Neighbor
Screen Shots from The Toy Model Neighborhood
« on: November 29, 2013, 08:36:19 PM »
Here are some various screen shots from the model neighborhood 69-72. This is a very time consuming process. Now i know what how work Tim does when capturing photos from the episodes.

LEF  8)

mjb1124

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: Screen Shots from The Toy Model Neighborhood
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 06:50:23 AM »
Thanks for posting these - very well done!

Incidentally, episode 1134 was just posted and there's no tall building at the beginning of the opening or the end of the closing.   It has been previously discussed that some early 1971 episodes were like this, but after seeing the screencaps from 1131-33, I was starting to wonder if this was just an urban legend.   I'd assume that 1134 was taped in between 1131 (which had the NET building) and 1132-33 (which had the tall brown building).   We'll have to see if there's any others like this.

pastorscott

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 08:51:13 PM »
Thanks for posting these pictures. I really enjoyed viewing them.

JCostaThePro

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 02:54:42 PM »
Do we know what that small brick building with the round green door setting near the red-orange apartment building is supposed to represent? There's some writing on the window, but i can't read it. "Bagas-Skyes Picthlcoks (????!)" That isn't Elsie Neal's craft shop, is it?

Dude111

• New to the Neighborhood
  • An Awesome Dude
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 10:21:10 PM »
Very nice,thank you!!!

JCostaThePro

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 08:34:45 AM »
Do we know what that small brick building with the round green door setting near the red-orange apartment building is supposed to represent? There's some writing on the window, but i can't read it. "Bagas-Skyes Picthlcoks (????!)" That isn't Elsie Neal's craft shop, is it?

Something else interesting i noticed about the building in question: In the 1969-1970 model pan, there's an awning above the window. In the 1971-1973 pans, no awning.

pastorscott

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 09:21:14 PM »
Do we know if these earlier models were also model kits like the later ones, which are plasticville models for HO train sets (available for purchase)?  Or were these more homemade models?  Any guesses?