Author Topic: Confession. . .  (Read 5939 times)

Dais79

• Southwood Neighbor
Confession. . .
« on: July 21, 2011, 07:26:45 PM »
My kids have been digging the "Coming and Going" CD and ask for it every time we are in the car.  Today, I was in the van alone. . .I didn't even bother to change it!  I was just singin' along down the interstate. . ."If you have a smile, now's the time to share it. . ."  I could have listened to WHATEVER I WANTED TO!!  But for some reason I couldn't turn off the Mister Rogers.  I guess it's just a great album! :)

Does anyone have the other albums in this series???  I think coming and going is FANTASTIC.  I love the songs, love how it is put together, it's perfect for the car, and my kids really listen to it carefully and learn from it.
I was thinking of getting You're Growing and Bedtime, but I would love to hear thoughts first if you have them.
"You know, I think everybody longs to be loved, and longs to know that he or she is lovable. And, consequently, the greatest thing that we can do is to help somebody know that they're loved and capable of loving."
- Fred Rogers

Eric S

• Westwood Neighbor
    • The ol' sketchbook
Re: Confession. . .
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 01:22:06 PM »
I have the others as well. They're all pretty outstanding. Forgive me though, I have af little trouble keeping them straight in my mind, but I beleive the one you have, the coming and going, has a short Neighborhood story- that's cool because my chief complaint is that the others don't. THey are all Fred singing his songs, which of course is wonderful, a little make believe just would have been nice. But I recommend them all. My daughter always listens to a CD as she goes to sleep and I'm sorry to say she has never wanted to hear the Bedtime CD, because it would be perfect. That calm voice and nice quiet songs- what a great way to fall asleep. But we do listen to them in the car.

Dais79

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 02:05:14 PM »
That is good to know!!  We have "You are Special"- which seems a little on the short side to me, and the Coming and Going one is so great because, yes, that's the one with the make-believe.  That is such a special part, I was hoping the others had one, too.  :( I have been contemplating the bedtime one to help my almost three year old with a little bit of nighttime anxiety he has been experiencing lately, so if you think it's good I'm gonna go for it!
"You know, I think everybody longs to be loved, and longs to know that he or she is lovable. And, consequently, the greatest thing that we can do is to help somebody know that they're loved and capable of loving."
- Fred Rogers

Paul

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 02:42:10 PM »
Best CDs Ever!
My little siblings listen to them every night while going to sleep. Coming and Going is their favorite as well.
Paul

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 01:48:58 PM »
The Coming and Going CD does have a pretty lengthy Neighborhood of Make-Believe segment but the others, as Eric mentioned, are strictly Fred singing his songs.

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 02:33:23 PM »
Does the neighborhood segment feature Lady Aberlin or Joe Negri?

Mike

Eric S

• Westwood Neighbor
    • The ol' sketchbook
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 02:37:12 PM »
No, it's just the puppet characters.

Dais79

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 09:31:59 PM »
So, on your suggestion I got the other CD's and Bedtime has SAVED us!!  My two year old looks forward to lights off now since Mister Rogers is keeping him company!
- Fred Rogers

PaulKTF

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 08:22:06 AM »
I have all four of the available CDs and they're all wonderful! I'd highly recommend the other three! :)
-Paul.