Author Topic: You've Got To Do It  (Read 1512 times)

JCostaThePro

• Westwood Neighbor
You've Got To Do It
« on: October 24, 2013, 04:02:43 PM »
Something i wonder about this song. On the Neighborhood Archive's article for the song, it says there was a verse about reading a book. I don't remember this verse.

All the episodes i remember hearing this song performed on were 1407 and most of the post-75s it was performed on. I clearly remember when it was sung on 1469, 1487, 1513, 1521, 1567 and 1641 and i know for sure the reading a book verse wasn't performed on those episodes.

The article does say that 1389 and 1676 (the last episode it was performed on) featured the song and even though i've seen these episodes before, i didn't remember the song being performed on them. Since i haven't seen those two in a long time, i wonder if the verse was sung on either of them? Did any of the earlier episodes, such as the B&W ones or 1024 feature the verse?

Tim, if it's performed in any of 1113-1116 or 1119-1124, would you let me know if either of them feature the verse? Thanks.

JCostaThePro

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: You've Got To Do It
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 12:25:39 PM »
Or was that verse only used on album releases, but not an actual MRN episode? Again, i've heard that song many times, but don't remember hearing that verse. Since i haven't seen 1389 and 1676 in a long time and have never seen 1024 (or any other early pre-79s it was sung on) before, i wonder if it was heard on any of these episodes? Though the album-only theory makes sense, since episodes and outro music (and my occasional art work) are the only memorabillia me and my family have of MRN, so we've never heard any album releases.
As a matter of fact, until i started reading this Archive, we had no idea that Rogers and his company released a ton of non-episode merchandise over the years like Sesame Street and other kiddie shows typically do, especially when he was still alive. We always thought they made money off just the episodes.

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
Re: You've Got To Do It
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 02:18:27 PM »
These lyrics about reading a book are from the back of the Plan and Play Book.

http://www.neighborhoodarchive.com/publications/parents/planplay3/index.html