Author Topic: Vacation surprise.  (Read 3124 times)

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
Vacation surprise.
« on: July 19, 2011, 08:15:46 PM »
I didn't expect to see this on vacation...

http://neighborhoodarchive.com/blog/?p=1093

Dais79

• Southwood Neighbor
Re: Vacation surprise.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 08:25:25 PM »
Hooray for KETC!!!  Our PBS has it once a week. . .at 6:30 am Saturday.  Good luck stumbling upon that! :)  But, seriously, we have 3 PBS stations in our city. . .I wish just one would show Mister Rogers when he could reach MANY children!!
"You know, I think everybody longs to be loved, and longs to know that he or she is lovable. And, consequently, the greatest thing that we can do is to help somebody know that they're loved and capable of loving."
- Fred Rogers

pastorscott

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 07:28:28 AM »
Yep, my inlaws in St. Louis DVR episodes so when my kids come to visit, my boys can watch a whole group of episodes. 

NeighborC

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 09:40:56 AM »
Quite a surprise! None of the PBS here show it at all, as far as I am aware.

OperaLover

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 06:04:55 PM »
That would have been a thrill for us, too. It's not on many places, so you really lucked out.

NeighborC

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 11:31:53 PM »
Interesting, I checked the guide on my cable this evening and it does air on PBS here, Saturdays at 6 am. I'm not getting up that early to see it! Could record it though. I wonder if they air them in order?

OperaLover

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 07:52:27 AM »
Neighbor C, you are lucky to have it in your schedule. I am in the Chicago area and before PBS pulled it, it only aired at 6 am here.
We set the DVR to record it daily because it was such an absurd time for it to be on.
Fanatic that I am, even I wasn't going to wake up a sleeping child to watch!

Dais79

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 10:20:13 AM »
NeighborC, the Fred Rogers Company posts which episodes will be aired for the stations who show it weekly on their website.  Our local PBS stays pretty true to it.  Since they went to the "weekly" viewing, it has been a greatest hits of sorts, but this past year has been really good because they are showing a "week" from the old days almost in it's entirety.  Sure, it takes a month to see the whole NOMB story but today we FINALLY found out what happened at Audrey Duck's poetry reading!  Whew.  I was wondering what King Friday was gonna do with that one :)
I wish that we would have had a DVR sooner. . .I have been DVR'ing the weekly episodes since we have had kids and have accumulated about 40-50 piece by piece over the years, and now that Amazon sells the episodes we can fill in.  As my kids grow older, they want to know how the NOMB storylines resolve.  I just bought episode 5 of Environment last night so the kids could find out what happened to all that trash!
If I ever become a millionaire, I will make it a goal to bring Mister Rogers back to more PBS stations! :)
"You know, I think everybody longs to be loved, and longs to know that he or she is lovable. And, consequently, the greatest thing that we can do is to help somebody know that they're loved and capable of loving."
- Fred Rogers