Author Topic: CBS/Fox Video  (Read 2399 times)

JCostaThePro

• Westwood Neighbor
CBS/Fox Video
« on: October 05, 2013, 05:32:29 PM »
It's fascinating reading these articles of the few episodes released on home video, notably the CBS/Fox Video ones. I actually used to have Circus Fun, but sadly, it got lost years ago. I think that was the first tape my children saw the CBS/Fox Video "Stairways/Bleachers" logo on, too. I of course got it because 1585 is one of my FAVORITE MRN episodes! Almost all the tapes appear to be added to the Archive now, that just leaves one left,  i think: Learning Is Everywhere, released in 1998. If i had to take a guess, maybe Learning 1655 is on that one, but that's just me.

It's interesting how the pictures on the covers of Kindness and Love are different contrary to the content of the tapes. The screenshot of Sir Thomas T. Tune and Daniel is from 1594, but 1595 is what's on the tape. And that screenshot of Rogers with the teddy bear and the heart-shape is clearly from 1661, but 1664 (which seems to be a pretty famous episode from that whole week) is what's on the tape.

My VCR works, but i'm not gonna buy all these tapes: i'm thankful that we have Playhouse Video's "Music & Feelings" and several (albeit LQ) episodes we recorded off PBS back in the 90's, as well as the "What Do You Do?" DVD (1692/1695) and some audio recordings of John Costa's jazzy outro msuic.

JCostaThePro

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: CBS/Fox Video
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 07:12:50 PM »
BTW, something interesting i just noticed in the catalog. It shows Love, Kindness, Making Music and Circus Fun altogether, and shows the Cat No. for each of them:

Love- 8193
Circus Fun- 8196
Kindness- 8197
Making Music- 8194

but there's no 8195. I wonder which tape has that number?