Author Topic: Itunes release  (Read 4268 times)

pastorscott

• Southwood Neighbor
Itunes release
« on: August 29, 2013, 10:49:06 PM »
I read in today's USA Today that a second volume of MRN has been released on ITunes.  Haven't yet checked to see which episodes this second volume includes. I think that only 10 eps were in the first volume.  Cool to see a picture of Fred and Daniel in the newspaper today! 

JCostaThePro

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: Itunes release
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 11:03:10 PM »
Great to hear. I hope any of When Parents Go To Work or Fathers & Music are part of it.

But it's all right if they aren't. I can't imagine that fitting into 10 episodes after all. Saldy, i doubt there'll be any pre-79s in there.

snowpeck

• New to the Neighborhood
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 09:56:20 PM »

ladyelainefairchilde

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 07:44:23 AM »
https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/mister-rogers-neighborhood/id682607439

All post-79s.

That is indeed all post 79s episodes. Amazon has all of those up except for 1468-1469 and
1521-1525. Hulu Plus had 30 episodes. Very disappointing theres so many pre-79s to select
from sad there are only 20 available. Are those the best episodes based on viewer fan mail
that they received? If they had plan to release a very limited amount of pre-79s on amazon.
Consider making each one full week so that 1101-1105 1261-1265 1271-1275 1281-1285
1296-1300 1306-1310 1321-1325 1386-1390, thou need other episodes 1376-1385 compliment
entire nom storyline but think realized that, 1386-1390 atleast thou, most people have that
week lol....

1421-1425 it is nice see them prepare for the opera as well, not just the actual opera itself. It is
so strange these episodes may never see the light of day unless make a special trip down to pittsburgh.
Considering 1386-1390 1421-1425 1431-1440 1446-1455 aired so many times 90s, i would have
thought atleast those have allready been up for sure on amazon. It is what it is glad i have those episodes.

LEF

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 08:41:54 AM »
I cant remember right off, but in one of the opera flashbacks (in one of the post 79 episodes) isn't a snippet of Monkey's Uncle opera shown?  I wonder why they couldn't release that one?

Mike

ladyelainefairchilde

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 09:07:49 AM »
I cant remember right off, but in one of the opera flashbacks (in one of the post 79 episodes) isn't a snippet of Monkey's Uncle opera shown?  I wonder why they couldn't release that one?

Mike

Yes Mike look at episode 1473 Makes An Opera Bubbleland week. There is also a flashback on episode
1454 as well. You have seen it probably before it did air as late as 1994. Straight forward answers
especially through emails about why they weren't able to release that particular opera. The opera itself
had not been rebrodcast since 1990, however 1176-1180 were part of the 20 pre-79s. So many people
have told me differen't stuff very confusing and upsetting who being truthful with me at this point.
I got latest updated information thou yesterday morning. No plans to release anymore pre-79s if you
had hope maybe before the holidays i think it won't happen.

Lucky even release the 20 that they did, didn't even think that they would especially 1-5 those are old. I wonder how come they weren't able to release 6-10 as well. I guess more released involves issues many
people do not understand. Someone else said they do not receive any kind of royalties for any of the episodes on amazon. Badger the company to death before receiving any kind of royalties. Perhaps someone did thats why alot of unforseen obstacles have taken place. Ideally going to be releasing more
in the form of amazon streaming or digital downloads. According to what i was told on the phone yesterday there are no more plans now.

Researchers can get access to stuff for free dont worry about any of these issues. If nothing ever comes to amazon be alittle upset have a right to be. For many reasons no one will ever understand, grant this entire board access to the stuff, not like anyone here plans to distribute it or make money off the songs or sell it on ioffer. Fred Rogers Company needs to considering allowing material to be made available through this community board. Have to charge 10 dollars for each episode to be access so be it. Just a suggestion, since probably outside of this community no one gives a darn about the pre-79 episodes lol.

LEF

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 09:02:37 PM »
This is exactly why I keep saying that FCI is not being run the way Fred would have ran it, and why I refuse to call it the Fred Rogers Company.  It seems that 2 members of this board are basically allowed access to anything, as long as they refuse to reveal their sources, while the rest of us cannot get even simple questions answered.  If someone like myself even asks a simple question, they either refuse to respond or they respond with outright lies.  And they are more interested in preserving the saintly image of Fred rather than allowing the truth to be spread (Fred was only human).  They are even so low as to try to block that biopic from happening, since they can't handle anyone telling the truth.

JCostaThePro

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 08:44:19 PM »

Mike

What i still don't understand is, why is All In The Laundry one particluar opera they cannot release?? It's supposed to be between Potato Bugs & Cows and Key To Otherland and those two are available. 1384 and 1389 are the only two episodes from that season. Even 1326 isn't there strangely.

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 10:33:13 PM »

Mike

What i still don't understand is, why is All In The Laundry one particluar opera they cannot release?? It's supposed to be between Potato Bugs & Cows and Key To Otherland and those two are available. 1384 and 1389 are the only two episodes from that season. Even 1326 isn't there strangely.

Interestingly, All in the Laundry is also one of the few later pre-79 operas not available at the Paley Center (formerly Museum of Television and Radio) in NYC.

I could be completely out of line here, and I am just speculating (Tim, feel free to delete this comment if you feel it is inappropriate), but I seem to remember in an interview, Betty mentioned that All in the Laundry was somehow based on her personal life (although she did not comment on how).  I wonder if perhaps Betty could not want that opera to be released?

Interestingly, the Paley Center also does not have any of the first 4 operas, and I don't think they are on Amazon either.  But one of those is Pineapples and Tomatoes (1125), and I think Betty said that was one of her favorites, so she's clearly not keeping that one locked up.

JCostaThePro

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 03:24:31 AM »
Lost Teddy Bear & Whaling Ship (1055) is definately unlikely to ever see a public release, since, as posted throughout the board, 1051-1055 was banned. However, since Tim said that the opera itself didn't have any offending material and since it is an opera, i can see why many are concerned about that one.