Author Topic: Where are they now? list  (Read 6346 times)

Degeneration X The Owl

• Westwood Neighbor
Where are they now? list
« on: May 30, 2011, 12:33:56 PM »
1. Yoshi Ito

2. Elcee Neal

3. Debbie Neal

4. Joey Hollingsworth

5. The guy who played Mr. Anybody

6. The guy who play Mr. Allmine (I know his first name is Bert)

7. The guy who played Mime Walker
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 05:31:47 PM by Degeneration X The Owl »

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
Re: Where are they now? list
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 07:35:49 PM »
I know that Bert Lloyd (Mr. Allmine) went on to become a pastor. I was contacted some time ago by a member of his church.

Degeneration X The Owl

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 11:40:43 PM »
Did a lil research to another, Jewel Walker (Mime Walker).  He is currently (at the time of this mini research) a professor at the University of Winsconsin at Milwalkee.  He was a professor at Carnegie Mellon when he was doing the Neighborhood.

Steve

• New to the Neighborhood
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 12:26:08 PM »

Degeneration X The Owl

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 11:48:03 PM »
Don't know yet.  We know she can sing, but her background is vague except some general info.  She is the top of my most wanted list.

bka

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 07:46:03 AM »
I once told Yoshi Ito she had a beautiful voice, and she replied "I ought to. I paid enough for it!"

and Don Francks (Mr. Anybody) aka Iron Buffalo (Cree Nation) is alive and well in Toronto Canada....he starred in th film version of Finian's Rainbow (opposite Petula Clark) and was more recently in that film where a number of actors impersonated Bob Dylan ...can't remember the title...as a bum in a boxcar.  you can hear some of his early jazz trio work on youtube, and he used to sing some of the neighborhood songs in his nightclub act.  I had heard and admired those songs before I met Fred.

Degeneration X The Owl

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 10:55:06 AM »
How well did you know Yoshi, bka?

bka

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 06:30:28 PM »
just to work with, we had not time to get to know one another off stage - but I liked her and her work was always superb.

rogersfan1

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 02:06:51 PM »
I'm presuming both Digger Digirum and Coach Willie Saunders are both deceased but I couldn't find anything on either of them

MIKEBENNIDICT

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 01:31:13 PM »
It's unfortunate that there's no info on what happened to those who were on MRN in the early years.

I typed up Carrol Saunders not long ago and can't find anything.

However I did a search on her some years back and came across some site and someone who claimed to be her son said she passed away in 2006.

Mrs. Saunders was an actress and the IMDB boards mentioned she was in an episode of Ironside in 1970.

That was a cop show that starred Raymond Burr as a police chief of the SF Police Dept. who was paralyzed.

The show ran from 1967-1975.

I also did a search one time on Elsie Neal and she was a member of some arm museum in Pittsburgh but couldn't find anything on her now.

Miss Emile I'm guessing was 50 or 60 something when she was on so I doubt she's still around.

rogersfan1

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 02:31:08 PM »
I discovered that Don Francks  Mr Anybody died last April 2016 at 84
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Francks

Chad123

• New to the Neighborhood
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 08:22:48 AM »
I'd like to know what some of the directors and producers of the show are doing nowadays. I know for example, that producer Margaret Whitmer, is still with The Fred Rogers Company.

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 11:50:56 AM »
I believe that Betty said that Don Francks was the person who introduced her to Fred.

MIKEBENNIDICT

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2018, 04:49:26 PM »
I was going through the internet trying to find info on Elsie Neal and came across some site that mentioned the cast.

I probably should of bookmarked it.

It wasn't any help because there was really no info on many, especially those who weren't on in the later years but someone typed in some info on Miss. Emilee and said she died in 1969. That's all she gave.