Author Topic: JJC's Mr. Rogers coloring sketch video  (Read 2193 times)

JCostaThePro

• Westwood Neighbor
JJC's Mr. Rogers coloring sketch video
« on: July 26, 2013, 09:28:42 AM »
Hey guys, i thought you'd like to see this new video i uploaded yesterday, a fascinating demo on how i color a pic of Mr. Rogers and the trolley. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/fGEW8p7x1RA

NOTE: There are annotations in the video. You can simply turn off by clicking on the "hide annotations" icon at the bottom of the screen.

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
Re: JJC's Mr. Rogers coloring sketch video
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 01:27:40 PM »
Thanks for sharing this video. I've actually been toying with the idea of adding a Fan Art feature to the blog where fans can send me their Mister Rogers artwork to post. If you've got some jpeg images that you can email to me through the site, I'd be glad to feature them on the blog!

JCostaThePro

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: JJC's Mr. Rogers coloring sketch video
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 04:47:46 PM »
Well, what do all you other neighbors think of this clip? According to YouTube, this video hasn't been viewed again in roughly over a week. I'd love to know what all of you others think of it, especially Betty Aberlin (if she ever still hangs out here).

BTW, i'm not sure if any of you noticed, but besides my being able to mix colors w/ crayons, if you look carefully in the video, you can see that over the years i've also tried to maintain a lot of copies of crayons. Unfortunately, there's several rare Crayola crayon colors that they used to produce (two of which, blizzard blue and magic mint, i never even got to use), but gradually phased them out to make room for newer colors. Worst, they don't even make any form of neon blue anymore. In their neon specialty set, the blue is simply the same sky blue crayon used in this clip. And the Extreme Twistables set has a shade of blue called "absolute zero", which is basically a fresh, but less flourescent shade of blue. Imagine all the children who must've bought those neon colors and were upset to find that as of 2003, the blue was always dull.

Sorry about shifting the topic a bit. But since Mr. Rogers loved crayons, had two episodes (1087 and 1481) that showed how people make crayons, said his favorite Crayola crayon color was out-of-production lemon yellow and even once made a special crayon color for Crayola (blue ribbon), i don't see any big problem with it, so long as i am still talking about him. Mr. Rogers was a cool person.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 03:52:49 PM by JCostaThePro »