Author Topic: Episodes on YouTube  (Read 6479 times)

MysteryNeighbor

• Southwood Neighbor
Episodes on YouTube
« on: June 29, 2013, 07:53:05 AM »
I did a Google search on Mister Rogers Goes to School and saw that they're now on YouTube.
Will anyone start a MRN YouTube channel?

JCostaThePro

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: Episodes on YouTube
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 03:49:51 AM »
Sadly, there's not a great deal of MRN episodes uploaded on YouTube. Obviously, when they are there, FRC will come take them down in the next few weeks or months (maybe, if the user's lucky, a year). Worst, for this reason, many of the extrmemely rare ones (from the pre-79 era and the Conflict week) or any of the best episodes (death of a goldfish, the Dixie Travelers episode, the circus visit, the Tommy Tune episodes, ect.) are not uploaded on there either and/or if people have those episodes, are afraid to upload them.

Surprisingly, somebody (possibly the only other preson besides Tim who has seen it) did upload (brace yourself) 68 on YouTube, the episode w/ Bruce Haack. But sadly, part 2 is gone. And there was also somebody who posted 1153. Not sure if that's still there or not.

Personally, being interested in John Costa's music, i'm interested in looking for clips of the closing credits to any MRN episode just to listen to him play his jazzy piano solo. Sadly, not many people upload that, though there have been a few sucessful attempts. I have a program on my computer that allows me to download audio files of my favorite music and i have recorded a lot of MRN outros using it.

MrRogers143

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 09:15:02 PM »
I have a "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" playlist. Look under my YouTube name, Drewit1, and you will find episodes of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. I do not own any of the episodes, nor did I upload any of the episodes there. Enjoy.
Steven Simmons
   [Trolley]
[bdbdbdbd]
    o      o

JCostaThePro

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 10:22:53 PM »
I have a "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" playlist. Look under my YouTube name, Drewit1, and you will find episodes of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. I do not own any of the episodes, nor did I upload any of the episodes there. Enjoy.

I was just looking at it earlier today and it was nice. I've seen all of those episodes before and have the outro music to nearly all of them, but i'm still looking for more. I'm currently missing the outro music to at least 76 out of all 250 1979-1996 episodes and i don't have an Amazon account so i don't have access to all of them.

Reason why the outro music is cool is because i love jazz piano music. When Parents Go To Work (1611-1615, 1989) is one week i'm missing outro music from. Sadly, none of them are on YouTube yet.

JCostaThePro

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 11:18:17 AM »
I have a "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" playlist. Look under my YouTube name, Drewit1, and you will find episodes of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.

Though unfortunately, with FRC phasing out more episodes recently, pretty much the body of your playlist is gone now. I hope more episodes come up soon. YouTube and PBS Kids' website and friends' & nieghbors' privately sharing videos are the only best resorts we have of watching MRN or listening to the outro music for free. And even then that's not enough episodes. Pre-79s aside, i still haven't found either When Parents Go To Work, Fathers & Music or Going Away & Coming Back and such on free streaming.

I read awhile back that somebody wrote to FRC (back when they were still called Family Communications, Inc. [FCI]) asking them if they could relase MRN on DVD (at least any other episode besides 1465, 1508, 1550, 1585, 1655, 1664, 1692 and 1695, most especially pre-79s), but they said they couldn't and didn't intend on trying. I think if they're not gonna release anymore episodes on DVD, they should at least try adding more episodes to PBS Kids' site so we can watch for free (they only have 26 episodes so far, not including any of the ones from the weeks i mentioned above) or at least give YouTube users a chance to hide their MRN videos from them before they go removing them.

MIKEBENNIDICT

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 09:44:51 PM »
The FRC website has episodes online but know pre 1979 ones.

I've wrote to them twice asking why none of those are up, wrote them again recently and no response.

Can't see why not.

Some do exist.

Including this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eaS3Saqg88
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 09:54:19 PM by MIKEBENNIDICT »

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 10:55:30 PM »

I've wrote to them twice asking why none of those are up, wrote them again recently and no response.

Can't see why not.

Some do exist.

Including this.

It's unfortunate that FCI only responds to a select few people, such as Tim, and treats the rest of us quite rudely.  That is why I refuse to call them the Fred Rogers Company, since Fred would not have treated us like that.

MIKEBENNIDICT

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 08:11:46 PM »

Can't see why not.

Some do exist.

Including this.

You know some year back I wrote WGBH-Boston about their long running Science series NOVA which debuted in 1974.

A lot of PBS stations have online streams and check out the show they only have episodes going back so far, certainly not to 1974.

I e-mailed them asking why and they responded and they said online broadcasts are also subject to rights issues as TV broadcasts.

Perhaps that's the reason for The Fred Rogers Center not putting up the older episodes.

BuddyBoy600alt

• New to the Neighborhood
  • I loved Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 04:07:35 PM »
Well, I do have the Dead Goldfish episode on Betamax from Mister Rogers' Home Video by CBS/FOX Home Video. Unfortunately, My Betamax/DVD Recorder prevents me from transferring the Betamax to DVD. Because the Betamax is protected by Macrovision. When I transfer it to DVD, I get an error that reads "This program cannot be recorded! Recording Copyrighted content is prohibited!"
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 10:21:04 PM by BuddyBoy600alt »
Mr. McFeely: "Speedy Delivery".

GioMon

• New to the Neighborhood
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018, 08:18:43 PM »
Well, I do have the Dead Goldfish episode on Betamax from Mister Rogers' Home Video by CBS/FOX Home Video. Unfortunately, My Betamax/DVD Recorder prevents me from transferring the Betamax to DVD. Because the Betamax is protected by Macrovision. When I transfer it to DVD, I get an error that reads "This program cannot be recorded! Recording Copyrighted content is prohibited!"

Here's a good solution to record copy protected material.

http://www.xdimax.com/grex/grex.html

You need a separate VHS VCR. I strongly suggest a Hi-Fi Stereo VCR for better sound quality.