Author Topic: Strange Stop Motion Hide and Seek Animation from 1002  (Read 1422 times)

PurplePanda

• New to the Neighborhood
Strange Stop Motion Hide and Seek Animation from 1002
« on: September 15, 2017, 06:25:43 PM »
Does anybody remember that little Stop Motion film with the weird music and moving shapes that Fred showed when he was playing Hide and Seek (episode 1002)? 

It seems like they put that animation in there at the last second for some reason.  Perhaps Fred's original hide and seek segment didn't go to well. 

Was there a different version of that episode without the shapes film added in there?

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
Re: Strange Stop Motion Hide and Seek Animation from 1002
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 10:21:33 PM »
I never saw that episode, and Tim's description makes no mention of the film that you mentioned.  Where / when did you see that?  I do wonder if Tim had a different version than what you saw.

I don't know, but I would not be surprised if that episode was edited.  We know that many early episodes were edited, and that sometimes the editing involved Picture Picture films.

I do remember a really weird animation film with really weird (maybe atonal?) music in Episode 1457, which had absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the episode.  I wonder if the film you remember could be the same, or perhaps something similar.  I always wondered if 1457 was edited to add that film, given how it just didn't seem to fit with the episode.  Interestingly, when the 1969 season was still airing, 1002 would have aired a week after 1457.

If you look at Tim's description of 1457, does it look like something similar?