Author Topic: Lady Aberlin  (Read 23560 times)

bka

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: Lady Aberlin
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2011, 02:11:58 PM »
must be why they changed the company name from Family Communications (come one come all) to The Fred Rogers Company (some such bull). :0)

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2011, 02:28:38 AM »
Hopefully the Fred Rogers Center will continue to sprinkle pre79s throughout their web site.  I've already checked out the curriculm toolkit guide with them.

I really don't see any alternative but to wait for more pre79s to be released by Amazon.  There are a number of web sites out there that have complete guides for all the 900 some odd episodes, but no downloads.  I found one that claimed to have episodes including the Christmastime special.  But once you downloaded the application onto Windows and opened it to search videos nothing would come up even if you typed in Mister Rogers.

Do we know how our local PBS stations got the show?  (Before the days of satellite)  I wondered if they got the show from reels of film.

Lawrence Martin

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2011, 04:48:52 PM »
This message goes out to everybody and it also goes out to BKA (Betty Aberlin) and I want to say this  to you Betty and  that this is a favorite clip of mine with you as Lady Aberlin along side  Daniel S Tiger in this link from the Fred Rogers company below

http://www.fci.org/videos/mrn-episode-1510.html

I really enjoy what ever I can get out of life and a quote that Fred saw at Rollins college was life is for service and I love that quote I'll take any
thing the Fred Rogers center or Fred Rogers company has to offer to the public if it is or is not on Amazon Itunes or Ebay  I feel like this is like the many ways to say I love you song I think it could be also called  there are may ways to get the neighborhood from others we may not have all 895 Episode but there books and records/cds and pictures and toys and so many wonderful things I hope  Tim  and Betty and  the other neighbors that are a part of this neighborhood archive website and message board will  have a great Friday. 
Long live the King and Queen of make-believe ;D
your neighbor
Lawrence
Neighbor Lawrence L Martin :)

Dais79

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2011, 09:17:38 PM »
I agree, Neighbor Lawrence!!  I am sure there is a reasoning behind why the pre-1979's are not widely available, and I am just very happy with all that we DO have available to us! 
And that moment between Lady A and DST is one of my faves as well :)  My local PBS aired that episode the day you posted that link and my boys and I watched it twice.  So sweet.
"You know, I think everybody longs to be loved, and longs to know that he or she is lovable. And, consequently, the greatest thing that we can do is to help somebody know that they're loved and capable of loving."
- Fred Rogers

bka

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2011, 12:46:49 PM »
all the L.A.-alone-with-Daniel moments are precious to me. such intimacy. (into-me-see)

Jazzman67

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2012, 03:09:24 PM »
I must say, I've been lucky to obtain a few of the episodes on VHS. My favorite is the Robert kennedy assasination episode. The episode really illiustrated hust how important it was to care for children at such a delicate time in Amerca's history. Keep  in mind that the program qaas produced after the assasination of both JFK and Martin Luthur King.

What's interesting to note is that the script never mentions the specific event of Robert Kennedy at all. So this program can easily be used in modern day time. The message of understanding that it's not always appropiate to play with gun play, or that it can be easier to be the victim than the shooter are good messages to relay to parents.

Also, the illustration of concern of loosing air from one's body like you can let air out of a baloon is very clearly illustrated in the conversation beteen Daniel and Betty A. is very good, as well.

Fred goes on to talk directly with parents about his feelings about having control over ones feelings. At the end of the program he talks about how it's good to include the children in however ways the family wanted to cope with the assasination of RFK...whether to watch the funeral or go for a walk in the park.

Betty A. I thank you for your contribution to making such an important program in the history of MRN! It's a well done program that should eventually be on DVD.

Andreas

Degeneration X The Owl

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2012, 08:35:04 PM »
DUDE, any way I can obtain a copy?

Jazzman67

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2012, 04:08:49 AM »
I'm afraid  I cannot make a copy since I don't live in the USA. It's unfortunate for many of you, I know. On the other hand, I don't have the large collection of videos that some of you have. I jhave just a few copies from the Neighborhood. So, I'm just happy with what I've been able to have in my small collection.

Life is like that. I'm probably one of the biggest fans of the Neighborhood programs, and am blessed to have wriiten to Mr. Rogers and his associates at the Fred Rogers Company. So, I wish to respect their current policy of not distrubuting copies to others. We've had a long, good friendship spanning over 30 years.

Hopefully, the work that is currently being done at the Fred Rogers Center will result in us being able to view the classic episodes as well as other special programs in the future. Be glad for what you have and treasure the memories of what you've seen.

Lady_Elaine

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2012, 05:59:45 PM »
Here's an interesting off the cuff interview of Betty Aberlin from about 1991 protesting the first Gulf War and talking about certain issues and how television has changed...Pretty interesting to see her in a non-neighborhood setting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fSOxx8yzAw

Degeneration X The Owl

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2012, 06:20:19 PM »
I'm afraid  I cannot make a copy since I don't live in the USA. It's unfortunate for many of you, I know. On the other hand, I don't have the large collection of videos that some of you have. I jhave just a few copies from the Neighborhood. So, I'm just happy with what I've been able to have in my small collection.

Life is like that. I'm probably one of the biggest fans of the Neighborhood programs, and am blessed to have wriiten to Mr. Rogers and his associates at the Fred Rogers Company. So, I wish to respect their current policy of not distrubuting copies to others. We've had a long, good friendship spanning over 30 years.

Hopefully, the work that is currently being done at the Fred Rogers Center will result in us being able to view the classic episodes as well as other special programs in the future. Be glad for what you have and treasure the memories of what you've seen.

You can't transfer it to digital?

Jazzman67

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2012, 10:12:19 AM »
I have chosen not to bother because I was lucky enough to get this at all. And I have so much respect for the people at FCI and their wish not to distribute any more copies. Please don't ask me again. I think we all can appreciate what we have.