Author Topic: Lady Aberlin  (Read 21802 times)

OperaLover

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: Lady Aberlin
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 10:22:39 AM »
Betty, your influence on the programming, artistically and internally was sheer brilliance.

Dais79

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 10:24:24 AM »
I second that.  You are a treasure.
"You know, I think everybody longs to be loved, and longs to know that he or she is lovable. And, consequently, the greatest thing that we can do is to help somebody know that they're loved and capable of loving."
- Fred Rogers

Degeneration X The Owl

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 01:45:28 PM »
bka, did you have a hand in the 1983 assasination special?

bka

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2011, 07:23:33 AM »
yes, degeneration, I suggested it and got to perform in it.  it was a genius script.  My eye make-up was a bit excessive, however. :0)

Degeneration X The Owl

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 03:27:42 PM »
I've tried everything to obtain a copy with no success whatsoever

ladyelainefairchilde

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2011, 06:39:48 PM »
I've try everything in my power to obtain copies recently. Here is a recent message i got from ENR attendant.

Unfortunately, we no longer provide copies of Mister Rogers Neighborhood episodes, and it's unclear to me whether we ever should have done so in the past. All requests for copies of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood programs must go to the Fred Rogers Company (formerly Family Communications, Inc.):

lef :(
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 03:15:41 PM by ladyelainefairchilde »

Wicked knife and fork

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2011, 07:04:06 PM »
I took a trip to Pittsburgh a few years ago for the tour of the Neighborhood of Make-Believe set. At the University of Pittsburgh Library, they have almost the entire series available for the public to watch. Although there were some technical issues (the tapes were pre-VHS and even pre-Beta), I did watch some of the pre-79's. I love "The Purple Adventures of Lady Elaine Fairchilde" and the "remembering" week where they look into the crystal ball in Make-Believe and look into the future. They even show Daniel and Collette Tiger getting married! I watched the RFK assassination special too, and it was amazing. Anyway, I thought I'd attach the link for the library in case anyone ever wants to make a road trip to Pittsburgh or contact the library staff.

http://www.library.pitt.edu/libraries/is/enroom/mrrogers/mrrogrs.htm

Hope this helps,
WKAF (Wicked Knife and Fork)

P.S. When I took the trip, Mom told her teacher friends that her son was in grad school and wanted to see "an exhibit" in Pittsburgh and "spend some time at the Pitt library." lol

Degeneration X The Owl

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2011, 10:26:41 PM »
LEF,

That leaves only one option.  Obtain copies through pirated means.  Even if we have to go through Craigs List to do it.

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 06:42:38 AM »
I could be wrong, but I think we are all paying for Fred's mistake of selling the rights of "Tomorrow."  That could be what the issue is with the pre-79s.  If it wasn't for that, we probably would have all the episodes out of the closet by now.  Then again FRC would probably have a reason to hold them back anyways.

pastorscott

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2011, 09:00:37 AM »
Please give more details about his selling the rights of "Tomorrow." I wasn't aware of this.  To whom did he sell the rights to?  Josie Carey? 

ladyelainefairchilde

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 12:49:40 PM »
The reason why the ending song was changed to "Such a Good Feeling" was because "Tomorrow" was still partially copyrighted to an earlier show that he worked on called "The Children's Corner"; though a few lyric were changed to avoid total infringement. The lyric change occurred in the middle part. It originally went? "I know tomorrow will be haaaaapy/ And so, tomorrow, make it snaaaapy!"

lef  :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 03:18:00 PM by ladyelainefairchilde »

ladyelainefairchilde

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2011, 01:08:40 PM »

lef  :)

« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 03:18:42 PM by ladyelainefairchilde »

ladyelainefairchilde

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2011, 01:13:25 PM »
LEF,

That leaves only one option.  Obtain copies through pirated means.  Even if we have to go through Craigs List to do it.

Unfortunely there are no bootleg pre-79s copies floating around the internet. Craigs List does not sell any pre-79s.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 03:17:21 PM by ladyelainefairchilde »

ladyelainefairchilde

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2011, 02:30:50 PM »
It is nice to beable to watch earlier episodes. If I did decide to take a trip down there. Technical stuff since videotapes are old fashion but still made with professional quality. Which is probably why they still
even work to this day. My older tapes are nearly on there death bed. I would rather own the episodes
than just watch them at that library in pittsburgh. Perhaps submit an invitation request to vist Fred
Rogers Center have access to children's corner episodes, cbc misterogers remaster digitize pre-79s.
I have never seen 1077 looking so detailed looking, sound quality is 50 times cleaner than my old tape.

lef :)

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2011, 10:51:12 PM »
Submitting an invitation doesn't work either at the Fred Rogers Center!!!

Apparently you can only access those episodes if you are doing scholarly research or some bull.