Author Topic: Prince Tuesday  (Read 8291 times)

Dais79

• Southwood Neighbor
Prince Tuesday
« on: July 08, 2011, 02:28:10 PM »
I have always been curious- who does Prince Tuesday's voice?  I feel like on some episodes it sounds different than others. 
"You know, I think everybody longs to be loved, and longs to know that he or she is lovable. And, consequently, the greatest thing that we can do is to help somebody know that they're loved and capable of loving."
- Fred Rogers

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
Re: Prince Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 04:39:28 PM »
Your ears aren't playing tricks on you. Prince Tuesday's voice was done by a variety of people. Fred Michael did it for the first few years with Charles Altman taking over in the early 80. From 1987 until the end, Lenny Meledandri did it with a short stint around 86 or 87 performed by Carole Switala.

This is the kind of stuff that I would love to get on the website sooner or later...

NeighborC

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 05:55:11 PM »
Does anyone else think Prince Tuesday looked and sounded more like a teenager than a young boy. I know at least in the 1990s he had a teenage sounding voice. Ana and Daniel seemed to sound more like children their age would.

Dais79

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 10:17:40 PM »
OK, I am glad I am not crazy!!  I swear, on some episodes it sounds like a lady is doing his voice, then others he sounds older like a teenager!  We don't watch in any sort of chronological order so no wonder I was getting confused.  Today the kids and I were watching the Day and Night Care episode (the one with the graham cracker factory) and he really did sound quite like a snotty teen when his parents came home!  I was like, Prince Tuesday. . .that's not cool!  Your mom and dad brought you tiny little graham crackers, which I am sure weren't easy to carry in their tiny puppet hands!  Give them a break :)
"You know, I think everybody longs to be loved, and longs to know that he or she is lovable. And, consequently, the greatest thing that we can do is to help somebody know that they're loved and capable of loving."
- Fred Rogers

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 08:05:20 PM »
I just put together and posted a short podcast about Prince Tuesday's voice -- complete with audio clips.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-neighborhood-archive/id429342425

Pretty interesting, I think.

Dais79

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 08:21:06 PM »
TL, The link just shows the first 4 podcasts for me.  Hmmm. . .I'm not super podcast savvy, so I could be doing something wrong!  Excited to hear it and get to the bottom of my Prince Tuesday mystery!
- Fred Rogers

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 08:41:42 PM »
You can download it through iTunes now but it usually takes a while for it to show up on the site where the link takes you.

If it's still not showing up and you don't use iTunes, this should help...

http://neighborhoodarchive.com/blog/?p=1090

Lawrence Martin

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 10:04:30 AM »
Great Postcast just saved the most recent one to my Ipod Don't for get ADAIR ROTH would have played Prince Tuesday from 1973 to 1975 he did not have a voice from 1970 to 1973 also Charlotte Jarvis was the Grown Up version of Prince Tuesday on Program 1454 in 1975
hope this helps
your neighbor
Lawrence
Neighbor Lawrence L Martin :)

bka

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 08:23:29 AM »
Adair Roth being the daughter (artist, writer, gardener) of Audrey Roth.  Len Meledandri, who ministered to Fred Rogers and to Johnny Costa, a musician and composer, was the "final" Prince Tuesday. Had Friday XIII passed into the beyond with his voice, Prince Tuesday Ist might be celebrating a borthday this coming November, and in May of 2012.

bka

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 08:24:02 AM »
um.     make that "birthday" please.

Lawrence Martin

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 09:04:32 PM »
I was just  thinking  that you BKA along with John Reardon were  to present Tuesday's first opera called Pineapple and Tomato and want to make that a note for the Archive of Episode 1125 for Tim
your neighbor
Lawrence
Neighbor Lawrence L Martin :)

bka

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 12:50:44 PM »
The Lost Teddy Bear & The Whaling Opera were the precursors (or were they the same opera?)  memory fails. But in Pineapple/Tomato Opera, we were permitted (still) to improvise, and to be "funny".  "This is the Pineapple Can Telephone Company....may I help you?"

bjdwsm

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2017, 03:43:34 AM »
Watched the stream; it looks like grown-up musician Prince Tuesday was Janus Purins (props guy for the show, also appeared on-camera during the gameshow at Betty's Little Theatre); Charlotte Jarvis played adult Ana Platypus (with the posh British accent)