Author Topic: Show 1276 question for Tim  (Read 2649 times)

JCostaThePro

• Westwood Neighbor
Show 1276 question for Tim
« on: June 22, 2013, 03:09:13 AM »
Tim, reading about your interview with Lawrence Martin and the 1276 link just reminded me:

Have you ever went back to check the outro to 1276 to hear if John Costa played the outro music or not (and i highly doubt he didn't, even though it was unnaturally short due to the outro having no credits)?

That's the one question about 1276 nobody but me ever wondered ever since you mentioned it had no credits.

I know episodes 1464, 1477, 1482, 1488 and 1594 all had a hurried-up outro and Costa had to either play fast or abbreviate the outro music, but they had closing credits.

Lawrence Martin

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: Show 1276 question for Tim
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 01:58:38 PM »
Neighbor Lawrence L Martin :)

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 09:19:46 AM »
Have you ever went back to check the outro to 1276 to hear if John Costa played the outro music or not

I hate to say it, but I have a horrible ear for stuff like that when it comes to what musician is playing. I love music of all styles but when it comes to trying to discern between two similar musicians playing similar pieces, I'm a bad person to ask. That said, I have no reason to believe that this was not Johnny Costa playing the outro on this episode.

JCostaThePro

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 06:16:05 PM »
Have you ever went back to check the outro to 1276 to hear if John Costa played the outro music or not

I hate to say it, but I have a horrible ear for stuff like that when it comes to what musician is playing. I love music of all styles but when it comes to trying to discern between two similar musicians playing similar pieces, I'm a bad person to ask. That said, I have no reason to believe that this was not Johnny Costa playing the outro on this episode.

I'm sorry, i didn't mean to ask if somebody else other than Costa played it. I was just curious because the outro would've obviously had a short outro music piece if there were no credits (other than the information LM confirmed). One of the reasons i love MRN is because i love to hear him play over the closing credits.

JCostaThePro

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 01:46:13 AM »
The confusing thing is, i have heard JC play short outro music before as mentioned above, but the aforementioned episodes did have credits. Of course, since they're all from the modern era (when the funding credits were seperate from the outro) and 1276 is from the pre-79 era (when they were part of the outro; and since that's apparently the main focus of this episode's outro), i guess this was an awkward question, since the outro music on all episodes would nearly be the same length.