Author Topic: What is on the other side of Mister Rogers living room?  (Read 3463 times)

Aaendi

• New to the Neighborhood
What is on the other side of Mister Rogers living room?
« on: May 06, 2013, 08:54:31 PM »
I've always wondered what was on the other side of Fred's living room.  I know that it's a TV show, but I still am curious how the other side would've looked like if they made another side to it.

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
Re: What is on the other side of Mister Rogers living room?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 09:04:49 PM »
Which side are we talking about?  The piano side, the side facing the cameras or sofa side?  The side facing the cameras is completely open in order to film the show.

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 09:15:16 PM »
Here is a pic on what it looks like from above, not a great shot.  Tim has a better shot somewhere on the blog.

http://www.johnnycosta.com/photos/mister-rogers-neighborhood.html

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 07:22:19 AM »
I've always wondered what was on the other side of Fred's living room.  I know that it's a TV show, but I still am curious how the other side would've looked like if they made another side to it.

I know exactly what you mean. I love the idea of the fourth wall. It leaves a lot to the imagination and it's definitely cool to think about what that fourth wall would look like if it was there. I'm curious to know what all you think of this. If you were standing at the closet where the sweaters are hung and looking at the opposite wall, if it was actually there, what do you think you would be seeing?

Dude111

• An Awesome Dude
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 07:30:31 AM »
I remember seeing an episode one time where Fred showed the viewers what was beyond where the camera usually showed......

Quite interesting.. Fred was literally ON STAGE during his show!!

setlori

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 10:25:57 PM »
I always try to imagine it based on the model house. I guess there would be at least one window and a front door that doesn't get used. But then, I start thinking about the bathroom and remember that there is a hallway somewhere off the kitchen with a bathroom and computer room (at least) that I haven't accounted for, and that's about the time my brain explodes.
Lori

JCostaThePro

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 03:28:12 PM »
In the notes for Show 48, Rogers mentioned there being a "side-door", so that's now what i have the illusion of.