Author Topic: 10 Years...  (Read 2046 times)

WitherWing

• New to the Neighborhood
10 Years...
« on: February 27, 2013, 09:38:34 AM »
10 years ago I was working at a job doing inventory at department stores around Minnesota. While on break, the muted TV in the corner was doing a news update, which included a few seconds of Mr. Rogers.

My heart sunk. At his age, I knew that they weren't running video for many other reasons. A moment later I turned it up and confirmed: We lost a great, great man.

It's hard to believe it's been 10 years. It still seems like he shows up on TV or in the public discussion every few months. Kids still seem to know who he is, even if the show isn't on very much. I heard the "Corner of your mind" PBS mashup this morning and had some very happy memories.

Here's to Mr. Rogers. 10 years later and you're still a role model to children and adults alike.

WitherWing

• New to the Neighborhood
Re: 10 Years...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 09:39:49 AM »
And I promise this isn't just brazen self-promotion, but I work for a small radio network that did an interview with Amy Hollingsworth this morning. I hope people here enjoy it!

http://www.faithradionet.com/2013/wont-you-be-my-neighbor/

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
Re: 10 Years...
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 07:49:59 PM »
Thanks for sharing this! I haven't had a chance to do so today, but I'm looking forward to giving this a listen!