Author Topic: TV Tropes  (Read 3729 times)

EricPaz

• New to the Neighborhood
    • Eric Pazdziora
TV Tropes
« on: October 15, 2012, 09:02:19 AM »
Fair warning, "TV Tropes" wiki has been known to be highly addictive, especially for those of us who are already into pop culture trivia. Still, their page on MRN is a lot of fun in places:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Series/MisterRogersNeighborhood

Any Tropers here? I'll confess to doing a bit of editing on it myself for a couple of examples (under a pseudonym of course).
It's you I like

mjb1124

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: TV Tropes
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 10:39:51 AM »
I go through periods where I'll get on a TV Tropes kick, and I've made a few edits and additions to the MRN page.

JAO93

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 09:47:53 PM »
I used to browse through that site, but I feel some pages are a bit too cluttered to be of much use.

JCostaThePro

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 02:13:31 PM »
I love TVTropes. It's a fun and fascinating site and i've been constantly visiting there since last Feburary.

I can't help but think MRN has a lot more tropes than what's listed, especially from the pre-79 era. Or at least editions to what tropes are listed. For example, Rogers not always wearing sweaters and John Costa playing lullaby-ish celesta music over the credits as opposed to jazzy piano music for Early Installment Weirdness or 1036-1040, 1051-1060, 1071-1075 and Conflict for Banned Episode (though on the articles for the tropes Keep Circulating The Tapes and Missing Episode do mention Conflict's banishment; nowhere on the site does it mention the other 4 though).

JCostaThePro

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 03:22:10 PM »
And of course, as many of you pre-79 lovers know, the show so has Chuck Cunningham Syndrome. Not just the pre-79 characters (Mr. Anybody, Elsie Neal, Mr. Allmine, ect.), but also several from the post-75 episodes, notably any of Michael Horton's puppet characters other than Betty Okanak Templeton-Jones. Jose Cisneros from Brockett's Bakery is an interesting example of this trope, lasting throughout the pre-79 episodes and last appearing in a 1986 episode.

And of course, as mentioned throughout this board, Prince Tuesday has The Other Darrin.