Author Topic: Daniel Tiger--The Review  (Read 3636 times)

Jumpman256

• New to the Neighborhood
Daniel Tiger--The Review
« on: September 08, 2012, 05:34:41 PM »
Hi neighbors!
Just recently found--and joined--this site.  (Boy, and I thought I was the biggest MRN fan there was.  I am going to spend HOURS going through the archive, believe you me. :) 
In going through the posts on here, it seems that DTN has people split almost right down the middle.  Well, before I tell (and show) my opinion, a caveat first (followed by a story, which I ASSURE you, has a point that's worth it.) :)
I am a person who watches a lot of kids shows for fun.  (Why? I dunno.  Could be my CP, or something else.) :)  One of my absolute FAVORITES, though, is Blue's Clues. IMO, one of the BEST kids shows on TV.  When I first heard of DTN, however--well, I was like many of you probably were--I didn't think it was a good idea.  Soon after learning about it though, I found this site:

http://www.angelasclues.com

This would be the personal blog of Angela Santemero.  So I decided, one day, to voice my concerns....and she wrote back.   :o Thus began my putting cynical comments on almost EVERY post she wrote during the final weeks of DTNs production. (Click on Daniel's picture on the right side of the blog, and you'll find me...well...pretty much everywhere. ;)  Finally, when the "Birthday" episode went live online, I wrote a review for her in the comments of a post, and...well....this happened.

http://angelasclues.com/mister-rogers-fan/

So, you can red my opinion there! :) (Short version;  I like the show.  :)
PS:  Please don't besiege the poor woman with negative comments if you don't like the show, okay?  I'd hate to think I'd opened the floodgated on her. ;)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to search the archive.

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
Re: Daniel Tiger--The Review
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 06:38:46 PM »
Welcome aboard! I'm glad you found the Neighborhood Archive and hope you'll continue to visit as it is updated almost every day...

Jumpman256

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 03:18:12 PM »
Thanks very much!
(BTW, newbie question here, TL--I've read a couple of other posts, and there's somebody here who seems to write a lot, goes by the initials bka, seems to have been associated with the show,  and has the first name of Betty.... Um....that wouldn't be who I THINK it is, would it?  (Because if it is.... wow. Just....wow.  If you're reading this, bka, you were, by FAR, my absolute favorite human character in Make Believe--not to mention, all the trips you took with Fred. :)

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 06:27:47 PM »
(that wouldn't be who I THINK it is, would it?)

Indeed it is.

Jumpman256

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 07:23:22 PM »
Whoa. :)  Cool! Well, what I said is true then, bka--I mean, I liked everyone on the show,  but you were my favorite. :)  (After Fred, of course.) ;)