Author Topic: Certain Episode  (Read 6896 times)

dallas

• New to the Neighborhood
Certain Episode
« on: August 15, 2012, 01:07:01 PM »
Does anybody remember episode that lady Aberlin and a guy are dressed as a  Zebra  or Cow They are inside the cow or zebra costume.  They take off the head portion of the costume and arewearing blue overalls. Thanks
It sound they are dressed for a play or peformance.

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
Re: Certain Episode
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 01:19:44 PM »
The only thing that comes to mind is the Potato Bugs and Cows opera (Episode 1300).

bka

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 01:30:44 PM »
it was a horse...I had the front end, and Joe had the back end.  I think we were in a parade of some kind in the NOM. I remember kind of dancing in a circle with some other celebrants.

UUrselfRSpecial

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 12:11:05 AM »
it was a horse...I had the front end, and Joe had the back end.  I think we were in a parade of some kind in the NOM. I remember kind of dancing in a circle with some other celebrants.

Even though I've seen it so many times, I don't remember this detail -- could the episode you're referring to possibly be 1500 (Friday of Pets, Ana's birthday) with the parade as her birthday present? Even though we know that Lady Aberlin is with Ana and Daniel avoiding the parade with the picnic where she gets her cat, you could even be in both scenes, just like of course Fred was when he voiced at least two characters, at least one of which was in one scene and at least one of which was in another, just like in this very pair of scenes when Friday was giving the parade and Daniel was with Lady A and Ana.
Nicky

bka

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 12:38:20 PM »

dallas

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 05:26:04 AM »
You are correct. It was a horse.
It would be around 1972. 
It would in range of episode 1206-1215.
However those aren't viewable.
I could be wrong though.
Any thoughts
Thanks

dallas

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 05:36:51 AM »
Lady Aberlin and Handyman Negri don a horse costume in which they dance for King Friday and Sara Saturday according to Wiki.
However episode 116 is around 1968 season.  These arent viewable.

dallas

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 05:47:10 AM »
It could also be from May 19, 1972 episode 65.
However, it not viewable.  It would be episode around 1250

bka

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 09:17:09 PM »
why oh why are they not viewable?  one wonders.

UUrselfRSpecial

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 10:07:52 PM »
It could also be from May 19, 1972 episode 65.
However, it not viewable.  It would be episode around 1250

May 19, 1972 was actually 1260, very close! And that was episode 65 of the 1972 season! And the season finale. Was that it? I know that 1251 - 1260 was one story arc about the Neighborhood of Make-Believe being painted purple, but that doesn't exclude the possibility of the episode in question.
Nicky

UUrselfRSpecial

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 10:13:21 PM »
why oh why are they not viewable?  one wonders.

All 895 episodes are viewable, just not from home. They're all viewable in the Elizabeth Nesbitt Room in Pittsburgh. Ever since I first found out about that way back in May 2004, I've tried to figure out ways of going there to see the episodes, but with my living in New York, very far from Pittsburgh, my having limited money to both get to Pittsburgh and then to see the episodes when there, and the process of viewing them once I get there a lot more complicated than just going up to someone and asking to see the episodes, I haven't managed to just yet. But I still could, and I do trust that in time, eventually, through the Elizabeth Nesbitt Room, they will be viewable from home.
Nicky

sriv94

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 10:27:08 PM »
All 895 episodes are viewable, just not from home. They're all viewable in the Elizabeth Nesbitt Room in Pittsburgh. Ever since I first found out about that way back in May 2004, I've tried to figure out ways of going there to see the episodes, but with my living in New York, very far from Pittsburgh, my having limited money to both get to Pittsburgh and then to see the episodes when there, and the process of viewing them once I get there a lot more complicated than just going up to someone and asking to see the episodes, I haven't managed to just yet. But I still could, and I do trust that in time, eventually, through the Elizabeth Nesbitt Room, they will be viewable from home.

Several (nowhere near all of them, though) are also viewable at the Paley Center for Media in New York and Beverly Hills.
Doug
---
All of the good signatures have been taken.

UUrselfRSpecial

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 10:40:30 PM »
Several (nowhere near all of them, though) are also viewable at the Paley Center for Media in New York and Beverly Hills.

I know the former very well, since as I said it's where I live and I've been there many times, and so I trust the latter also since it's also a Paley Center. And although quite a few, not nearly close to all of them. And even of the few there are, it feels a bit much to see only part of a NOMB story, and it's definitely a bit much to see the middle of a NOMB story without the beginning rather than vice versa. Here are the pre-79s they have (and I could have left out some). I don't remember all post-75s they have, since I've seen them all in recent years, even Conflict which I got from someone on the yahoo board. So here are the pre-79s that I'm aware they have:

1 (the premiere)
1001 (the 1969 season and color premiere)
1101 (Death of a Goldfish)
1169 (Monkey's Uncle opera)
1192 (Van Cliburn Part 1 (he's also in 1193 which they sadly don't have))
1245 (Snow People & Warm Pussycat opera)
1300 (Potato Bugs & Cows opera)
1309 (What Is Love?)
1320 (Festival of Mad Feelings)
1425 (Key to Otherland opera)
1453 (Margaret Hamilton)

Let me know if I forgot one. If I didn't, that's only 16 out of 590 pre-79s, a bit more than 2%. Not a lot, huh! And even if I forgot one, it won't end up being a much higher percent than that
Nicky

sriv94

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 10:47:13 PM »

Are those the bell episodes (which also feature Joey Hollingsworth)?  (IIRC, 1212 would be the Southminster Ringers performing at Negri's Music Shop.)
Doug
---
All of the good signatures have been taken.

UUrselfRSpecial

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 10:48:13 PM »

Are those the bell episodes (which also feature Joey Hollingsworth)?  (IIRC, 1212 would be the Southminster Ringers performing at Negri's Music Shop.)

Yes they are!
Nicky