Author Topic: Audrey Duck episodes (Mistakes Week)  (Read 5278 times)

JAO93

• Southwood Neighbor
Audrey Duck episodes (Mistakes Week)
« on: July 01, 2012, 11:51:35 PM »
Saw one of the episodes with Audrey Duck and the other Susan Linn characters this morning. Unless I'm mistaken, it seems they skipped over the episode where Mr. Skunk accidentally sprays Audrey. This is a bit disappointing but Mr. Rogers, as great as it is, isn't a very "important" show on MPTV's schedule and it is usually cancelled or replaced with other programs at times. A shame, no doubt.

Does anyone else remember this batch of episodes? I personally liked Linn's characters and it is a bit of a shame they weren't seen in any other episodes.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 11:53:07 PM by JAO93 »

MrRogers143

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: Audrey Duck episodes (Mistakes Week)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 07:32:43 AM »
I saw that too. I kinda liked the wednesday episode. One reason, because I like skunks, and it was interesting to see Mister Rogers leaving us with a neighbor.
Steven Simmons
   [Trolley]
[bdbdbdbd]
    o      o

UUrselfRSpecial

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 01:19:42 AM »
Saw one of the episodes with Audrey Duck and the other Susan Linn characters this morning. Unless I'm mistaken,

No pun intended!

it seems they skipped over the episode where Mr. Skunk accidentally sprays Audrey. This is a bit disappointing but Mr. Rogers, as great as it is, isn't a very "important" show on MPTV's schedule and it is usually cancelled or replaced with other programs at times. A shame, no doubt.

I may be wrong, but I think that's 1579, the Thursday episode. And that would also be sad because it has pianist Andre Watts.

Does anyone else remember this batch of episodes? I personally liked Linn's characters and it is a bit of a shame they weren't seen in any other episodes.

I remember it very well!!!!!! It was a very popular week and it aired a lot in recent years.
Nicky

UUrselfRSpecial

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 01:23:12 AM »
I saw that too. I kinda liked the wednesday episode. One reason, because I like skunks, and it was interesting to see Mister Rogers leaving us with a neighbor.

And that episode is one of my favorites for another reason -- the great rendition of the song between Lady Aberlin and Daniel, Sometimes I Wonder if I'm a Mistake, which they first sing in unison and then together. It's one of the most wonderful times I've ever heard Betty's voice, and one of the greatest times I've seen great chemistry between Betty and Daniel as friends. And if you look, I posted about this to Betty on this board and she responded and agreed! Sadly, at least in the post-75s, that's the only time we ever hear that song, let alone between Betty and Daniel. Betty, if you're reading this, is there possibly another time we hear this song, especially between you and Daniel????????? If not, and even if so, this is definitely an episode to cherish for that reason alone.
Nicky

JAO93

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 08:41:49 AM »

I may be wrong, but I think that's 1579, the Thursday episode. And that would also be sad because it has pianist Andre Watts.

This last Sunday's episode (1579) had Andre Watts in it, but the NOMB segment was about everyone searching for Audrey Duck after being sprayed by Mr. Skunk. So it seems it was 1578 that was skipped, as that one had Chuck Aber visiting the house and Mr. Skunk appearing in the NOMB segment.

The episode aired before this week was 1577, notably with the "It's Nice to be Ourselves" song in the NOMB segment.

I remember it very well!!!!!! It was a very popular week and it aired a lot in recent years.
I've seen these episodes before on TV, but it is nice to see them again. I like these episodes too, a bit of a shame Linn's puppets didn't appear again on the show.

As these week-long themed episodes are really meant to be aired in order, I just find it disappointing how an episode is sometimes skipped over without much thought. Thankfully, I see these episodes are on the PBS website so I shall watch them there sometime. But regardless, I do miss the days when Mr. Rogers aired every day throughout the week with little chance at being cancelled (last week airing I saw was in 2007 during a clinic appointment).

On another note, and at risk of going off-topic, has anyone seen this? It's another FCI production with Linn's characters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIKL5doAC-k
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:43:52 AM by JAO93 »

UUrselfRSpecial

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 12:30:54 PM »
This last Sunday's episode (1579) had Andre Watts in it, but the NOMB segment was about everyone searching for Audrey Duck after being sprayed by Mr. Skunk. So it seems it was 1578 that was skipped, as that one had Chuck Aber visiting the house and Mr. Skunk appearing in the NOMB segment.

Yes you're right. it's ironic and sad to think the best episode, at least in my opinion, with that and the song with Betty and Daniel and one of the greatest episodes showing their great chemistry was skipped.

The episode aired before this week was 1577, notably with the "It's Nice to be Ourselves" song in the NOMB segment.

I think the correct name for that song should be I Think It's Nice to Be Yourself.

I've seen these episodes before on TV, but it is nice to see them again. I like these episodes too, a bit of a shame Linn's puppets didn't appear again on the show.

But they were seen a lot in the pre-79s. I think I remember hearing that 1172 had them.

As these week-long themed episodes are really meant to be aired in order, I just find it disappointing how an episode is sometimes skipped over without much thought. Thankfully, I see these episodes are on the PBS website so I shall watch them there sometime. But regardless, I do miss the days when Mr. Rogers aired every day throughout the week with little chance at being cancelled (last week airing I saw was in 2007 during a clinic appointment).

I agree! Incidentally, what was the week you saw in 2007?

Nicky

JAO93

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 04:05:40 PM »

Yes you're right. it's ironic and sad to think the best episode, at least in my opinion, with that and the song with Betty and Daniel and one of the greatest episodes showing their great chemistry was skipped.
It is a shame. To make things worse, it seems they're skipping the last episode in this week and airing 1580 instead. I have no idea why MPTV is doing this, I don't remember this happening before. I'm inclined to write to them about it, but I don't know what they'd say seeing as this isn't one of their key programs anymore.

I think the correct name for that song should be I Think It's Nice to Be Yourself.
I was only going by what this site's episode description had it. My favorite part of that episode was when Mr. McFeely showed a real duck around. My favorite of all this week's episodes is 1579 with Andre Watts of course (such great skills he has).

But they were seen a lot in the pre-79s. I think I remember hearing that 1172 had them.
I was born in 1993, so I don't remember those episodes. Unless any aired throughout 1996, I don't think I ever saw any.

Sadly, I only saw one episode during that week and I cannot remember which episode it was. I wish I had access to WPT's 2007 schedule now! Classic air time of 12:30 PM, always aired at that time until they took it off the schedule around 2008. MPTV's classic air time was 12:00 noon, so if one had access to both stations you could watch two episodes a day - what a treat that was.

UUrselfRSpecial

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 06:24:58 PM »
It is a shame. To make things worse, it seems they're skipping the last episode in this week and airing 1580 instead.

The last episode is 1580!

I have no idea why MPTV is doing this, I don't remember this happening before. I'm inclined to write to them about it, but I don't know what they'd say seeing as this isn't one of their key programs anymore.

I don't think it's MPTV's fault; it's more PBS and the Fred Rogers Company when, since they started airing Saturdays only on September 5, 2009, they didn't always air full weeks.

I was only going by what this site's episode description had it.

Then maybe that is the official name of the song. Also as for 1577, it brings up an example of a great philosophical moment out of something that has a much more basic meaning. When Fred brings in the eraser, he wonders where the erased part goes. When I saw this episode years ago, that made me think of all sorts of erased parts, not just pencil and chalk, but more the idea that there's no such thing as destruction and for that matter, creation. There's just formation and deformation, and that all matter really did exist.

I was born in 1993, so I don't remember those episodes. Unless any aired throughout 1996, I don't think I ever saw any.

1172 last aired June 5, 1990, long before 1993 when you were born, so you definitely never saw it. Since 1993, the only pre-79s that aired were 1361 - 1365, 1386 - 1395, 1401 - 1410, 1421 - 1440, and 1446 - 1455. I don't remember all those episodes, so it's possible that one of them had Audrey Duck and the Susan Linn characters.

Sadly, I only saw one episode during that week and I cannot remember which episode it was. I wish I had access to WPT's 2007 schedule now! Classic air time of 12:30 PM, always aired at that time until they took it off the schedule around 2008. MPTV's classic air time was 12:00 noon, so if one had access to both stations you could watch two episodes a day - what a treat that was.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 04:09:44 PM by UUrselfRSpecial »
Nicky

JAO93

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 11:54:17 AM »

UUrselfRSpecial

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 04:11:39 PM »

Making Mistakes aired the week of September 24 - 28, 2007, and that was its only 2007 airing. Does that narrow it down enough for you to remember the date?
Nicky

UUrselfRSpecial

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 04:16:29 PM »
Nicky