Author Topic: Dear Mister Rogers Does it Rain in your Neighborhood?  (Read 3830 times)

MysteryNeighbor

• Southwood Neighbor
Dear Mister Rogers Does it Rain in your Neighborhood?
« on: June 14, 2011, 01:33:37 PM »
This book is a selection of the letters that Fred has received along with some drawings.
In fact the book's title comes from one of those letters.

Fred answers those letters in a way that is honest.The book is available on most used book websites.I got mine through Abebooks at their site:

http://www.abebooks.com/

So check it out! ;) :) 8)

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
Re: Dear Mister Rogers Does it Rain in your Neighborhood?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 08:07:03 PM »
I got a copy of this book just this past winter and loved it. The responses are candid but sincere. Several of the responses, in fact, are somewhat education to adult readers who grew up on the show as they reveal some of the "inside scoop" of the Neighborhood shows. I'd certainly recommend this book as well.

Dais79

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 09:41:53 PM »
Agreed!!!  I got it from the library a few years back and LOVED it.  It was thought provoking, I laughed, I got teary-eyed- it was fantastic.
"You know, I think everybody longs to be loved, and longs to know that he or she is lovable. And, consequently, the greatest thing that we can do is to help somebody know that they're loved and capable of loving."
- Fred Rogers

MysteryNeighbor

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 09:48:46 PM »
Don't forget that Fred would offer insights to the letters he has received.

PaulKTF

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 08:26:10 AM »
I love this book! The way he responds to the children's letters with such gentle care and good-natured humor is just wonderful!
-Paul.

MrRogers143

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 05:10:13 PM »
I actually took a trip to Pittsburgh in March, and while I was at St. Vincent College at the Fred Rogers Center, I went into this office like place. They had a head that looked like King Friday, Purple Panda, a Trolley and other old toys and books. I noticed in the table in there the Dear Mr. Rogers book, and I asked the woman where I could buy one, and she told me I could have that copy. I was so touched, and it was definitely my favorite souvenir from the trip.
Steven Simmons
   [Trolley]
[bdbdbdbd]
    o      o

PaulKTF

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 05:13:13 PM »
That was very sweet of her!

For anyone interested, you can get the book on Amazon and on bn.com (Barnes And Noble).
-Paul.