Author Topic: Another batch of early episodes  (Read 15326 times)

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
Re: Another batch of early episodes
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 11:35:54 AM »
Interesting.  What version of the set did this episode have?  Maybe if it was just one scene that was re-shot, they maybe didn't create a new production slate.

On another note, according to the University of Pittsburgh files, Barbara Russell only appears in 2 episodes: Episodes 1 and 18.  I wonder if she could have been in other episodes (such as 10) and was cut.  If so, I wonder if there was a reason why they would have cut her.  I read somewhere (not sure where) that she had an "advanced sense of humor".  Not sure what that means, but maybe it was too much for kids?  From her posts, it seemed that Betty Aberlin knew Barbara Russell, even though (according to the files) they never appeared in an episode together.  Which leads me to think that maybe they were in episodes together, and Barbara's parts were cut for whatever reason?  I beleive Betty said that Barbara Russell was friends with Don Brockett.  But Barbara Russell and Don Brockett don't appear in any episodes together either (according to the files).

There are a lot of mysteries about these early episodes.

By the way, it looks like Barbara Russell was also in several later episodes.  So it is unlikely that Fred wanted to remove her scene intentionally.  So maybe she just wasn't available when it was reshot.  Tim mentioned in another thread that maybe Barbara Russell was operating a puppet in this episode.  That could be, but what puppet?  The only puppets listed are Daniel, Lady Elaine, and X the Owl, all of whom are Fred's puppets, so I doubt he would have had Barbara operating them.  Also, none of this explains why Betty Aberlin was not credited.

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 05:07:18 PM »
Something surprising (but not too big a deal) is that the production date for Episode 30 was Friday, Nov. 24, 1967.  That is surprising, since that is the Friday after Thanksgiving, which is a day that most Americans have off or take off from work.  Was that maybe less common back then?

MrRogers143

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 07:33:30 PM »
Hey Tim, when can we expect more episodes of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, or Misterogers' Neighborhood, on the website?
Steven Simmons
   [Trolley]
[bdbdbdbd]
    o      o

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 08:22:50 PM »
Of course.

I'm actually doing double-duty right now as new episodes of Daniel Tiger air. Aside from that, look for the 1968 run to continue on the site.

JCostaThePro

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2013, 01:26:57 AM »
From her posts, it seemed that Betty Aberlin knew Barbara Russell, even though (according to the files) they never appeared in an episode together.  Which leads me to think that maybe they were in episodes together, and Barbara's parts were cut for whatever reason?  I beleive Betty said that Barbara Russell was friends with Don Brockett.  But Barbara Russell and Don Brockett don't appear in any episodes together either (according to the files).

There are a lot of mysteries about these early episodes.

They did appear together. They both appear together in 1609 and 1610. As for Don Brockett and Russell, they both appear together in 1610 and (supposedly) 1360. BKA and Russell also appear in 1487 and 1488, but unlike 1609 and 1610, they didn't appear together.