Author Topic: The According to Mister Rogers books  (Read 4677 times)

MysteryNeighbor

• Southwood Neighbor
The According to Mister Rogers books
« on: May 05, 2012, 06:59:45 AM »
Just sometime after his passing, there were some books featuring Fred's writings,letters and other insights with the titles:

The World According to Mister Rogers: Important Things to Remember
Life's Journeys According to Mr. Rogers: Things to Remember Along the Way
Many Ways to Say I Love You: Wisdom for Parents and Children from Mister Rogers

Do you have these books? Is there another coming out?

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
Re: The According to Mister Rogers books
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 05:53:56 PM »
The only one I currently have a copy of is The World According to Mister Rogers: Important Things to Remember.

http://www.neighborhoodarchive.com/publications/parents/worldaccording/index.html

One of these days I'll pick up the others and get them on the site. In the meantime, does anyone else have these? I, too, would be curious to hear more about them...

LanceChurchill1

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 05:35:26 PM »
Tim, I have "The World According" and "Life's Journeys."  None of the stores in my area ever carried "Many Ways To Say 'I Love You'."  I guess I'll just order it from Amazon one of these days...  I read better with audiobooks, so I'll borrow the audiobook of that from my library and read "Life's Journeys" again and tell you about it.  All 3 of the books are on CD.  Mrs. Rogers' voice is on those CDs reading her forwards/introductions :)  The CDs also have some of the music from the program as well as speeches that he gave over the years.

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 04:54:32 AM »
Thanks for the details, Lance. It almost sounds like the audiobook version of these is better than the actual book. I'll have to look into these for sure...

Dais79

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 10:10:25 AM »
I have Life's Journeys and Many Ways to Say I love you.  Both are excellent.  I have scanned in many pages from the parenting one to send to friends who are struggling with their role as parents.  Being a parent is hard. . .but Mister Rogers sure knows how to make you feel better about the job you are doing!
"You know, I think everybody longs to be loved, and longs to know that he or she is lovable. And, consequently, the greatest thing that we can do is to help somebody know that they're loved and capable of loving."
- Fred Rogers