Author Topic: What episode was this?  (Read 6760 times)

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
What episode was this?
« on: May 02, 2012, 09:27:19 PM »
I remember when I was a kid, seeing an episode where Fred showed figurines of the various characters.  One of them was Queen Sara, but he referred to her as "Queen Saturday", and I didn't know who that was at the time.  I'm almost ceratin it was a pre-79, perhaps a very old one.  I know I saw it during the summer during the early 80s, but can't remember what year.  I know another one of the figurines was King Friday, but I don't remember who the other ones were.  Does anyone remember that episode, or what the episode number is?  Thanks.

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
Re: What episode was this?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 11:17:58 AM »
Still no responses.  I'm wondering now if maybe she was referred to as "Sara Saturday".  She was definitely referred to something other than "Queen Sara", and it definitely had "Saturday" in it.  And no, I don't think it was "Queen Sara Saturday" either.  I think there were other figurines too besides King Friday and Queen Sara.  One of them might have been Lady Aberlin.  I'm wondering if this could have actually been a very early 1969 episode, from before the wedding, since it seemed almost as if kids weren't expected to be familiar with Queen Sara.  Although, I also have a vague (probably wrong) memory of Bob Trow giving Fred a Lady Aberlin figurine in a 1970 episode, which would contradict this theory.  Is there any long stretch of post-1969 episodes that Queen Sara isn't in?  I don't think so.

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 11:54:50 AM »
From Tim's pictures, it appears that figurines of King Friday and Queen Sara were used in Episode 1015, the royal wedding.  I know for sure I never saw that episode.  But were the figurines maybe used in an earlier episode that week (or in one of the 2 previous weeks)?  Tim, do you know?  If so, that would explain why she wasn't referred to as Queen Sara.

Assuming the episode I am thinking of is from the first 3 weeks of 1969 season, I'm guessing it did not have a Lady Aberlin figurine, unless maybe Fred had a figurine for the entire bridal party (assuming she was in it).  Plus, I'm thinking the Lady Aberlin figurine was in a 1970 episode, since I seem to remember seeing it during the summer of 1986, most likely a Monday or Tuesday episode.  I seem to remember missing MRN the previous day, and had assumed that Bob Trow gave Fred the figurine.  Or did I completely imagine this Lady Aberlin figurine?  Or if it exists, it might not have been made by Bob Trow or given to Fred by him.

Jazzman67

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 03:45:00 PM »
Hi,

The answer is simple:

The Queen of the Neighborhood's full name is Queen Sara Saturday. So it's the same character. There wasn't any other character than her.

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 04:04:05 PM »
Hi,

The answer is simple:

The Queen of the Neighborhood's full name is Queen Sara Saturday. So it's the same character. There wasn't any other character than her.

That didn't answer my question.  My question was, in what episode did Fred have figurines of King Friday and Queen Sara, but refer to Queen Sara as either "Sara Saturday" or "Queen Saturday"?

Lawrence Martin

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 05:22:25 PM »
Still no responses.  I'm wondering now if maybe she was referred to as "Sara Saturday".  She was definitely referred to something other than "Queen Sara", and it definitely had "Saturday" in it.  And no, I don't think it was "Queen Sara Saturday" either.  I think there were other figurines too besides King Friday and Queen Sara.  One of them might have been Lady Aberlin.  I'm wondering if this could have actually been a very early 1969 episode, from before the wedding, since it seemed almost as if kids weren't expected to be familiar with Queen Sara.  Although, I also have a vague (probably wrong) memory of Bob Trow giving Fred a Lady Aberlin figurine in a 1970 episode, which would contradict this theory.  Is there any long stretch of post-1969 episodes that Queen Sara isn't in?  I don't think so.
There are two episode that I know of that Mister Rogers had figurines on the neighborhood Program  one was on Episode 1015 from 1969 for King Friday and Sara Saturday's weeding and the other was on 1602 to 1605 from the fun and game week from 1989  her full name is Queen Sara Friday Saturday and is know just as Queen Sara Saturday to her neighbors Mister Rogers might have said and King Friday wife is Queen Sara hope this helps
Your Neighbor
Lawrence  :)
Neighbor Lawrence L Martin :)

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 05:55:37 PM »
There are two episode that I know of that Mister Rogers had figurines on the neighborhood Program  one was on Episode 1015 from 1969 for King Friday and Sara Saturday's weeding and the other was on 1602 to 1605 from the fun and game week from 1989  her full name is Queen Sara Friday Saturday and is know just as Queen Sara Saturday to her neighbors Mister Rogers might have said and King Friday wife is Queen Sara hope this helps
Your Neighbor
Lawrence  :)

Since I saw the episode in question in the early 80s, it was obviusly not 1602-1605.  And, since I know I never saw the royal wedding (other than in flashbacks), it wasn't 1015 either.  Again, could it have been somewhere between 1001 and 1014, most likely just before 1014.  For many years, I thought it was 1457, but I know it wasn't.  I thought I remembered the episode airing in the summer of 1983 (maybe a few days after July 4), but I don't think I'm correct.

Whether it was in the same episode or a different one: was there ever a Lady Aberlin figurine (whether given to Fred by Bob Trow or not) or did I imagine that one?

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 07:34:15 PM »
But were the figurines maybe used in an earlier episode that week (or in one of the 2 previous weeks)?  Tim, do you know?

Episode 1015 is the first time these particular figurines are seen.

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 09:46:42 PM »
But were the figurines maybe used in an earlier episode that week (or in one of the 2 previous weeks)?  Tim, do you know?

Episode 1015 is the first time these particular figurines are seen.

What other episodes are they used in?  Or, are there other, similar figurines of the king and queen that are used in other episodes?  I know for sure that I never saw 1015.  Did a Lady Aberlin figurine exist too, or am I imagining that?

Paul

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 05:57:23 PM »
Yes, there was Lady Aberlin figure in the Fun and Games week.

Here's Tim's pictures: http://neighborhoodarchive.blogspot.com/2011/03/up-close-models.html

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 08:02:45 PM »
Yes, there was Lady Aberlin figure in the Fun and Games week.

Here's Tim's pictures: http://neighborhoodarchive.blogspot.com/2011/03/up-close-models.html

But since the episode I remember was during the early 80s, it was obviously not Fun and Games.  And, this doesn't answer my question about the King Friday and Queen Sara figurines.  Did Bob Trow give Fred the Lady Aberlin figurine in a 1970 episode?