Author Topic: Lesser seen Neighborhood parts  (Read 3633 times)

NeighborC

• Southwood Neighbor
Lesser seen Neighborhood parts
« on: June 11, 2011, 02:37:09 PM »
Which do you think is the most infrequently seen part of the neighborhood of make believe? I say the Eiffel Tower. If I recall, in many episodes it is not shown due to its location at the far left and Grandpere does not seem to be in a lot of general storylines in the later episodes. Perhaps in the earlier pre-79 episodes it is more common to see?

It seems like the other areas of NMB were shown very infrequently as well, such as Westwood and Someplace Else. Were they more commonly shown in earlier series?

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
Re: Lesser seen Neighborhood parts
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 01:54:34 PM »
Of the major "monuments" in the main part of the Neighborhood of Make-Believe, I definitely agree that the Eiffel Tower was the one seen the least.

Eric S

• Westwood Neighbor
    • The ol' sketchbook
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 11:08:42 PM »
Was westwood shown much before Mayor Maggie came around? I seem to remember hearing that Westwood didn't really get a lot of development on the show until Mayor Maggie became an important character.

ASchuelke

• Southwood Neighbor
    • WRJQ Goodtime Radio
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 03:34:08 PM »
I think that's very true, Eric.

The Eiffel tower did, indeed, get shown a lot more in the pre-1979 era.  Remember, Dr Bill's office was located in the tower, and we saw a lot more of him and Grandpere during the pre-1979 era, as well.

Dude111

• New to the Neighborhood
  • An Awesome Dude
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 07:27:28 AM »
I really wonder HOW BIG the neighbourhood really is!

I mean ya got the tower as mentioned above and the platapus mound which also doesnt get alot of airtime.......

Anyone have a picture of the entire neghbourhood?? (Im sure there is more we havent seen)