Author Topic: Mister Rogers & Me  (Read 7159 times)

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
Mister Rogers & Me
« on: March 23, 2012, 07:26:08 PM »
This afternoon I posted some thoughts on Mister Rogers & Me now that it has had time to hit the masses.

http://neighborhoodarchive.blogspot.com/2012/03/mister-rogers-me.html

Has anyone else seen this?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Dais79

• Southwood Neighbor
Re: Mister Rogers & Me
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 10:16:28 PM »
I am interested to hear more about this!!!  Hoping some neighbors weigh in with their opinions!!
"You know, I think everybody longs to be loved, and longs to know that he or she is lovable. And, consequently, the greatest thing that we can do is to help somebody know that they're loved and capable of loving."
- Fred Rogers

MrRogers143

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 06:35:23 PM »
I want to see this, and Speedy Delivery.
Steven Simmons
   [Trolley]
[bdbdbdbd]
    o      o

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 10:56:52 PM »
I want to see this, and Speedy Delivery.

I HIGHLY recommend both.

LanceChurchill1

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 08:20:29 PM »
Tim, is there footage of Fred on both of these as well as his voice?  Old interviews, maybe?

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 02:08:13 PM »
Tim, is there footage of Fred on both of these as well as his voice?  Old interviews, maybe?

There is limited footage of Fred on both of these documentaries. However, on Mister Rogers & Me, it is mostly footage of those who were influenced by Fred. On Speedy Delivery, obviously the focus is on David Newell.

Still, I HIGHLY recommend both films!

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 09:50:52 PM »
The 9.99 buy it option on Itunes seemed reasonable to me since it's a newly released film.

It's a good movie; however, I would have preferred if he had drawn more on the lessons that Fred taught on MRN as opposed to digging into the spiritual/religious side of things.  I have said that if everyone "cared" more about the things in life such as working together to find/create jobs, or if everyone had one ounce of "patience" our world would be a better place to live. 

Mike

Dais79

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 02:32:33 PM »
It aired on our local PBS last week!  It was only 1 hour long, but still really great!  It's always nice as a fan to see different perspectives and things you have never seen before, as well as things you have heard and seen many times.  I hope many local PBS stations pick it up to spread the message!
"You know, I think everybody longs to be loved, and longs to know that he or she is lovable. And, consequently, the greatest thing that we can do is to help somebody know that they're loved and capable of loving."
- Fred Rogers

Lawrence Martin

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 05:01:23 PM »
This was a Good one I have America's Favorite neighbor re-make of Our Neighbor Fred Rogers  Speedy Delivery and Mister Rogers and Me and they are all great the other that's out there is Biography: Fred Rogers from 2003 that was shown on A&E here is the link below in case anybody wants to get a copy of this I highly recommend it it has clips from the first neighborhood pgm and the last neighborhood 1765  clips from 1453 and 1454 1101 and others that our see in both our Neighbor Fred Rogers and it's remake  this DVD looks at Fred's whole life from 1928 to 2003 there are only 3 left so we need to Let  Tim get a Copy first and then who ever wants the last two can get it.
 http://www.amazon.com/Biography-Fred-Rogers/dp/B002KBCF7I
just a side note that Mister Rogers and Me  came from the PBS Shop website and The Other DVD that came from amazon link above   were both  gifts for my 29th birthday on April 6th of last week
hope you all have a great week ahead
your neighbor
Lawrence
Neighbor Lawrence L Martin :)

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 05:44:43 PM »
I've actually got a copy of the a&e biography. Just haven't gotten around to a review and adding to the site yet.

LanceChurchill1

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 01:36:41 PM »
There are only 2 copies left now at amazon.com :)  I bought number 3 a few minutes ago :)  I've been wanting to see this one for 9 years and now I have the chance to!  :)