Author Topic: Thoughts? Opinions?  (Read 4454 times)

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
Thoughts? Opinions?
« on: February 25, 2012, 02:39:48 PM »
As the debut of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood draws nearer, I'm wondering what you all are thinking at this point. Excited? Still somewhat skeptical? Not interested at all?

Personally, I cannot wait for this show to debut!

MrRogers143

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: Thoughts? Opinions?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 03:57:37 PM »
I'm interested in seeing Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, but it won't be the same as Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.
Steven Simmons
   [Trolley]
[bdbdbdbd]
    o      o

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 04:06:37 PM »
I'm interested in seeing Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, but it won't be the same as Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.

That's fine by me as it's not intended to recreate MRN. Nothing will ever be the same as the original Neighborhood.

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 09:52:27 PM »
To be honest, I'm rather skeptical.  I would have much rather seen them (meaning FRC) put forth an effort in leading the conversation (whether by means of tv or online content) of the issues children are faced with today than developing/endorsing flashy NOMB animation just enough to amuse a 2-4 year old.  I think Fred would be very concerned about the ongoing crisis in our country:  kids having kids, kids being brought up in a home where both the Mom and Daddy don't work.  I know in my hometown there is an ongoing crisis where school age children don't have enough food to get them through a weekend.

Having said all of this, it will be interesting to analyze DTN and with the age range being 2-4, we might notice elements/aspects/topics from some of the pre-79 MRN episodes.   

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 05:42:02 PM »
I may have been a bit harsh in what I said.  But, obviously there won't be another Mister Rogers, however I would have preferred them doing a program centered around tackling tougher issues.  But maybe the funding/marketing/viewership for something like that isn't there.   

Dais79

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 04:43:24 PM »
Can't wait!!  It will be here before we know it.  I know my babies will love it. :)  Of course, there is no replacement for our MRN, but DTN will be a nice addition to the PBS kids lineup. . .I feel like PBS has brought so much of the world to my children, and I am so grateful.
"You know, I think everybody longs to be loved, and longs to know that he or she is lovable. And, consequently, the greatest thing that we can do is to help somebody know that they're loved and capable of loving."
- Fred Rogers

silentxero

• New to the Neighborhood
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 10:51:49 PM »
This show actually looks cute! I can at least tolerate this Daniel compared to the original. I hated the original Daniel
so much because he was so whiney and such a wimp. This version looks cute (compared to that ugly puppet) and his voice is great, not so whiney like the original puppet (I know it was Fred doing Daninels voice, but I just hated it). It's also interesting to see the "original" Daniel in this is pretty cool. 
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:38:09 PM by silentxero »