Author Topic: Your Favorite Opera  (Read 3222 times)

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
Your Favorite Opera
« on: June 06, 2011, 10:19:40 PM »
I'm surprised no one has started this one yet.  What is your favorite opera?  Some of the earlier operas I haven't seen since I don't know when.  I don't know when the last time I seen "In The Laundry" opera.  Thinking back I probably haven't seen it since it was last broadcasted.  My favorite opera is "A Granddad for Daniel."  I like the scenes with the life-size trolley.  I remember when I was little I wanted to build that life-size trolley.  I wonder how they built that thing.  I also like the songs that are in that opera.  I was moving some packages of straws today at work (I work in the grocery business) and I thought about what Reardon said, "Yes, I sell all kinds of drinking straws...." 

Wicked knife and fork

• Southwood Neighbor
Re: Your Favorite Opera
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 08:15:23 AM »
I'd love to see "All in the Laundry" again. I remember bits from it, like when Reardon was working at a laundromat and he sang a song about "dirty work, dirty work. All I get is dirty work." Lady Aberlin was a rich woman, and I think there was something about a 14 carat diamond. They end up falling for each other and they sing a song about "look what I found without looking." Good stuff.

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 04:18:35 PM »
I'm very hopeful that All in the Laundry (as well as the other operas yet to be released) will be in the next batch of episodes on Amazon.

Wicked knife and fork

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 12:33:21 PM »
Is there going to be a next batch of episodes on Amazon? I hope so! I wasn't sure if there has been an announcement or not. I would love to see more of the older operas.

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 01:49:03 PM »
The last I knew was that there would be another batch of episodes (around 50 or so) added to Amazon. No timeline for when though.

Eric S

• Westwood Neighbor
    • The ol' sketchbook
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 10:23:14 PM »
Of the ones I remember, Cows and Potato Bugs is my favorite. Love the whole vibe- I love the sad plaintive way Lady Aberlin sings the part of Priscilla and how it's juxtaposed against Horatio's groovy Potato Bug song. For the longest time, I could only really remember Horatio's song, not having seen it for years and years, that was the one song that stuck in my head and the line "Potato Bugs groove". I also like the music box theme that almost all of Mother Cow's dialogue is sung too, and the way Farmer's Wife Lady Elaine is so hip, talking about rapping on the phone and what a drag the situation with Prissy (Priscilla) is. I also like the change in Tempo that introduces each of Joe Bull's parts.

Windstorm in Bubbleland and Spoon Mountain rank right up there at the top with me also, though I don't remember most of the older ones. I really liked Pineapples and Tomatos when I last saw it on youtube, but I can't remember it enough to rank it.

David Mauldin

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 10:57:16 PM »
I watched, "Daniel wants a Grandfather" Neighbor Aber and Lady Aberlin kiss!