Author Topic: Episode 2 Irregularities  (Read 5298 times)

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
Episode 2 Irregularities
« on: November 08, 2011, 05:48:12 PM »
1.  Fred seems more animated and flirty when Betty Aberlin arrives.
2.  This one wouldn't pass in today's standards -- Fred talks about a shooting and even talks about a "finger-gun."
3.  You can still hear Betty Aberlin singing even after Fred goes back inside the house.
4.  Mr. McFeely wearing no glasses - it's really neat at how young everyone looks - look into David's eyes as he delivers the cape back to Fred at how young he is.

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
Re: Episode 2 Irregularities
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 09:17:41 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 12:30:25 PM by mitsguy2001 »

bka

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 08:42:47 AM »
"I too noticed that Fred was somewhat flirty toward Betty in that episode.  I wonder if that was intentional or not.  I wonder if maybe it made Betty uncomfortable, or if it made Joanne Rogers or Dr. Penn Lupovich (Betty's then husband) uncomfortable, or ir maybe parents thought it was inappropriate?  I wonder if it could have anything to do with the tension that it seems Fred and Betty had with each other, based on Betty's posts on this board."

I would flag speculation like this as inappropriate.  And if this degree of misunderstanding is a result of my candor, I will have to be more careful.  Pity.

Fred and I enjoyed absolute collaboration and harmony of work - particularly in the early years .

Fred was never flirty with me. Joanne and Penn had no reason to be uncomfortable. Ever. There was no tension in the work, unless it was over knowing that the budget was so frugal that one had to get the "take" right the first time, even if juggling unfamiliar props, or trying to mask the bottom hem of the puppets one needed to carry from one place to another.

I'd have to look at this episode to see what is meant.  

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 11:58:39 AM by bka »

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 09:18:54 AM »
again, I would flag speculation like this as smarmy and inappropriate. 

As I said on another thread:

Members of this board have the ability to edit their own posts and remove content. I think this request to have some of the more personal content and suggestions removed should be honored. I would like give everyone the opportunity to edit their own posts as necessary rather than me stepping in and wiping out all of this thread.

MrRogers143

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 10:35:16 AM »
I also noticed a fly in Betty's hair while she speaks with her Great Uncle Friday after singing "Afternoon".
Steven Simmons
   [Trolley]
[bdbdbdbd]
    o      o

bka

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 11:47:14 AM »
good eye! :O)

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 12:31:08 PM »
again, I would flag speculation like this as smarmy and inappropriate. 

As I said on another thread:

Members of this board have the ability to edit their own posts and remove content. I think this request to have some of the more personal content and suggestions removed should be honored. I would like give everyone the opportunity to edit their own posts as necessary rather than me stepping in and wiping out all of this thread.

Again, I'm sorry, and didn't mean to offend anyone or make anyone uncomfortable.  I deleted the post.

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 06:24:35 PM »
I would flag speculation like this as inappropriate.  And if this degree of misunderstanding is a result of my candor, I will have to be more careful.  Pity.

No need to be more careful.  I think we all enjoy your candor, and I appologize if I interpreted some of your posts wrongly

bka

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 09:01:21 AM »
thanks, mitsguy. much appreciated. we're all just getting to know eachother here in the archives. sorry if I was too touchy about my life in Reality.

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 11:51:59 AM »
By the way, I watched that scene again.  I did not notice Fred acting flirty toward Betty.  I think that was Episode 5 I was thinking of.  What I did notice about Episode 2 is that Fred seemed to assume that kids would be familiar with Lady Aberlin.  He said "guess who is at the door".  But how could kids have known it was Lady Aberlin, if they had never seen or heard of her before.  I also noticed that the names "Betty" and "Lady Aberlin" were used interchangeably in this episode.  Not sure if that was intentional or not.

I beleive there was a "lady" character in the CBC and EEN episodes.  I wonder if there was any explanation as to where she went when the national series began.  Does anyone know what she looked like?  Did she look at all like Betty?  Although, even if she did, kids would have noticed her name changing in this episode.  Although people usually do not like change, from what I heard, the change to Lady Aberlin was well received by kids who had already watched the CBC / EEN series.