Author Topic: Best birthday card ever!!  (Read 4453 times)

Dais79

• Southwood Neighbor
Best birthday card ever!!
« on: November 03, 2011, 06:06:46 PM »
I got a cute/hilarious Mister Rogers birthday card from my girlfriends today. . .they got it at CVS!!  If you have CVS in your neighborhood, see if they have any of the American Greetings MRN cards!
"You know, I think everybody longs to be loved, and longs to know that he or she is lovable. And, consequently, the greatest thing that we can do is to help somebody know that they're loved and capable of loving."
- Fred Rogers

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
Re: Best birthday card ever!!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 12:46:07 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up. I stopped by CVS as I was running some errands today and came across this one (maybe the same one you received)...

They had another one...one of those talking greeting cards. It had four buttons on the bottom to push -- each one with Mister Rogers' voice providing the recipient with some birthday affirmations. Pretty cool but I didn't feel like dropping six bucks on it...

MrRogers143

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 12:55:12 PM »
I got one that had Mister Rogers on it. It said something like "Happy Birthday. Let's count how old you are. one, two, three, four...This might take a while. Happy Birthday."
Steven Simmons
   [Trolley]
[bdbdbdbd]
    o      o

Dais79

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 01:00:09 PM »
Yep, TL, that's the one I received!!  Oh, how I laughed!!  :)  It was from my friends from high school- I don't think I look any older than I did when we were 14. :)
"You know, I think everybody longs to be loved, and longs to know that he or she is lovable. And, consequently, the greatest thing that we can do is to help somebody know that they're loved and capable of loving."
- Fred Rogers

OperaLover

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 10:50:15 PM »
I see this is an old topic, but being that today is my birthday, I feel like I've just been given a great card.
Probably too late to find one at CVS, but I'll check them out anyway.
Thank you for posting these!