Author Topic: EEN Logo/Beginning Shots  (Read 3372 times)

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
EEN Logo/Beginning Shots
« on: October 27, 2011, 10:37:23 PM »
When Mister Rogers Neighborhood was broadcasted on the Eastern Educational Network was the logo different and model opening different than the original '68 version?  I have seen a different MRN logo floating around the internet.  That might also be something that the Neighborhood Archive should also address are the different logo designs over the years.

Mike

ladyelainefairchilde

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: EEN Logo/Beginning Shots
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 11:51:07 AM »
I've seen some excerpts from the EEN episodes. The logo is differen't than from the 1968 onward shows.
The logo title appears from inside the tv house. The set is differen't abit than from the 1-65 episodes from first half of season one NET episodes. Also i did not notice the model toy neighborhood opening that we're use to seeing. This one just seems to start from inside his tv house.

These EEN episodes were run from Nov 21, 1966 - April 7, 1967. Here are two a brief summaries from the first EEN episode Nov 21, 1966. The last EEN Episode April 7, 1967.

EEN #1 Misterogers shows a trick involving a quarter, forks, spoons and a glass of water. He meets a lion cub and watches a film about adult lions.
Emilie Jacobson pronounces a long, Welsh word and dances with King Friday XIII. The Neighborhood of Make-Believe segment is a kinescope of "Misterogers" (CBC, Dec. 19) which features Joey Hollingsworth as a spoon salesman.

EEN #100 Misterogers shows different ways eggs can be cooked. He reads a book about the letters of the alphabet.
The Neighborhood of Make-Believe segment is a kinescope of "Misterogers" (CBC, Apr. 20, Jun. 12) in which Mister Anybody fries an egg.

lef 8) ;D

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 01:00:38 AM »
The actual EEN logo of MRN I think is shown on the second picture below:

http://www.pabook.libraries.psu.edu/palitmap/MisterRogersNeighborhood.html

Mike

ladyelainefairchilde

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 03:58:58 PM »