Author Topic: 1737 - Noisy and Quiet  (Read 2100 times)

Paul

• Westwood Neighbor
1737 - Noisy and Quiet
« on: September 25, 2011, 12:14:48 PM »
One note for this episode is that Bob Dog touchs fingers with Neighbor Aber and says "doot" as they leave the tree, that's Bob Dog, not Robert Troll. I always thought that it was neat that he got to throw that in on his last week of episodes.

I love this quote from Bob Trow's obituary. Reminds me of what bka always says about him sweating in the Bob Dog costume under the studio lights.
Mr. Trow died yesterday morning of a heart attack at his home in New Alexandria, Westmoreland County. He was 72 years old. Just last week, he taped appearances on "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood," where he played Robert Troll, Bob Dog and himself, for airing next year.
"He was such an integral part of the Pittsburgh broadcasting family," a saddened Fred Rogers said yesterday. "And to have been able to work with him last Tuesday and Thursday. One of the last things he said to me was, 'Thank you for having me, Fred."'
The children's host added, "He was an enormous talent, and for him to have been able to offer that to children through the neighborhood all through these years was a great gift." Rogers mused that Mr. Trow's personality "was woven through the neighborhood."

(See the whole obituary here: http://www.post-gazette.com/regionstate/19981103trow9.asp)

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
Re: 1737 - Noisy and Quiet
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 02:26:04 PM »
Thanks Paul. I did notice the "doot" when I was watching this episode but simply forgot to mention it. I'll add that to the note right now...