Author Topic: Episode 1765-Celebrates the Arts  (Read 3091 times)

Lawrence Martin

• Westwood Neighbor
Episode 1765-Celebrates the Arts
« on: August 29, 2011, 07:16:26 PM »
Thanks Tim for this Episode post today So I was watching this Episode and reading the blog today.
The film that's put on Picture Picture start with a visit to Negri's Music shop and Manuel Barrueco is playing his guitar from Episode 1557 Ready to Read and Bobby Rawsthorn is playing drums on the clip from Episode 1563 Celebrations along with Carl McVicker on Bass and Joe Negri  on Guitar and Johnny Costa on piano also this is not the only time Mister Rogers  and Mister  McFeely shake hands they also shake hands on Episode 1485 Competition also there seems to be a clip that was a part of neighborhood from a previous Episode from 1997 to 1999 but I don't  remember   hope this help for the notes on this Episode I love the neighborhood archive website and the message also you can get this Episode from Itunes as well there is no link but if you have Itunes you may want to buy it for $1.99
your neighbor
Lawrence
Neighbor Lawrence L Martin :)

Lawrence Martin

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: Episode 1765-Celebrates the Arts
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 07:41:18 PM »
I forgot one thing and that is the clip of Many Ways to Say I love you music video from Episode 1765 is at this link
http://pbskids.org/rogers/videos/index.html
your neighbor
Lawrence

Lawrence Martin

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 07:54:10 PM »
Another tidbit is Miss Paulficate is seen in the Art work by Lady Elaine and was not even in this week of Episode's

Paul

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 07:18:36 AM »
"That little handshake is there...That handshake's for me. It was saying a lot to Fred in that handshake. Thanks you and it's just been wonderful knowing that man for 35 years."

That part always brings tears to my eyes because you can just see the tears they are holding back as they simle and sing the song one last time. Then at the end, when he looks into the camera and says "I'll be back when the week is new, and I'll have more ideas for you, and you'll have things you want to talk about, I will too." And then, for the last time he tells us how special we are! Wow. Gets me everytime.

pastorscott

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 08:43:24 PM »
I thought it was interesting that in 1764 and 1765 Lady Elaine finally understands that people like her and that she doesn't have to be mean anymore.  I don't recall other episdoes where she finally "got the message" like she did in these last episodes. When I watched that plot line develop, it made me think that Fred resolved the Lady Elaine character at the end of the series and that she was now at peace, receiving the love of others.

NeighborC

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 09:05:57 PM »
I thought it was interesting that in 1764 and 1765 Lady Elaine finally understands that people like her and that she doesn't have to be mean anymore.  I don't recall other episdoes where she finally "got the message" like she did in these last episodes. When I watched that plot line develop, it made me think that Fred resolved the Lady Elaine character at the end of the series and that she was now at peace, receiving the love of others.

I agree, I remember thinking that too when that week of episodes aired for the first time. I thought it was quite a touching storyline for the last week of episodes.