Author Topic: More Reactions of Spinoff MRN  (Read 6214 times)

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
Re: More Reactions of Spinoff MRN
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 08:29:09 AM »
Here is another one from a blog:

Meet new-age Daniel Tiger. Are you sufficiently creeped out yet?

Bill Isler, president of The Fred Rogers Company, which is developing the series, is "very excited to be creating a program that builds on Fred's legacy in such fresh and innovative ways," he said in The Hollywood Reporter.

I'm fairly certain Mr. Rogers would in fact not comply with this abomination; he'll be rolling in his Pittsburgh grave, cursing the day he ever admitted that it was a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

During the original show's 33-year run, no one but Mr. Rogers seemed to gain a grey hair or wrinkle, but in the 10 years since the show ended, the entire cast apparently aged by decades and popped out a few little King Friday XIIIIs and Lady Aberlin Jrs.

"'Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood' fills a critical gap in children's media today," PBS senior vice president Lesli Rotenberg said in an online Entertainment Weekly post.

That gap includes modeling the behaviors and habits that kids need in order to excel in formal learning settings, she said. "Essentially, learning how to learn."

The series begins airing in fall 2012 on PBS Kids.

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/blogs/categories.htm?catid=708&bid=34

Mike

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 11:19:14 AM »
he'll be rolling in his Pittsburgh grave

Not to be "that guy" who points out minor details, but this writer quickly discredits himself by not checking his facts before publishing. Fred Rogers is buried in Latrobe, PA.

NeighborC

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 11:39:10 AM »
He does have a point though, and this has bothered me about the new show. All of the characters seem to have aged much more than ten years, and suddenly have children.

Lawrence Martin

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 02:10:35 PM »
Don't forget what they say in make-believe that any thing is possible make-believe it's like the Prince was a infant from 1970 to about 1973,1974 and then could talk and was toddler from 1973,1974 to 1976 and then when the neighborhood return in 1979 and by 1980 the superhero  week he was 5 or 6 years old there was another week after that where said it might be fun to think of Prince Tuesday as being 6 or 7 years old so after that week of programs he and Ana stayed 6 or 7 years old till the last week of pgms if that helps any
your neighbor
Lawrence
Neighbor Lawrence L Martin :)

OperaLover

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 09:48:17 AM »
Those are very good points, Lawrence.
I don't mind that the puppet characters have puppet- procreated but I'd sure like to know who the mothers are.
Btw, I thoroughly despised the movie Finding Nemo.
I thought it was unnecessarily harsh on little children, having them witness the death of a mother.
I sure hope something like that does not become a part of the backstory on Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.
I am sure if that were the case, even being the fanatic that I am for all things MRN, I'd be tuning out big-time.

Lawrence Martin

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 03:59:35 PM »
 This is what Tim put together some time ago  http://www.neighborhoodarchive.com/dtn/index.htmlt as for Daniel Jr I think his mother will be Collette Tiger and  Grandpere will be the Great Grand Father of Daniel Jr it looks as if there will be alot of mothers in this new Program Queen Sara and Hen and Lady Elaine will be Mothers or Grandmothers I like to know if there will be fathers for the Pussycat Family or the XIII Family and who was the Groom at Lady Elaine's  wedding  who was the lucky groom at there wedding was it Corn Flake S. Pecial like I said before any thing is possible in Make-believe
hope you all have a great day
your neighbor
Lawrence :)
Neighbor Lawrence L Martin :)