Author Topic: EEN episodes vs '68 episodes  (Read 5665 times)

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
EEN episodes vs '68 episodes
« on: June 02, 2011, 02:16:33 PM »
This would be a good question to ask - since not that many people have seen the EEN episodes of MRN - what were the similiarities and differences of EEN episodes of MRN vs the '68 broadcast versions of MRN.  Any set changes?  Songs that were sung.  Were people like Joe Negri, Betty and others with Fred by that time?  Topics that were discussed.

Mike 

Lawrence Martin

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: EEN episodes vs '68 episodes
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 12:31:05 PM »
there were set change's in the dvd of America's Favorite neighbor Fred Rogers on  the creative person Fred Rogers program from 1967
hope this helps
your neighbor
Lawrence
Neighbor Lawrence L Martin :)

ASchuelke

• Southwood Neighbor
    • WRJQ Goodtime Radio
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 03:48:17 PM »
This definitely is something that not a lot of people realize or know about.  There is something that I'd like cleared up...  I've heard a couple things and wondering which way it really was:

Were the NOM segments from the EEN episodes used in the 1968 MRN?
Or was it that the CBC segments were used on the EEN episodes?

My gut tells me it was the second one ... but wanted to see if anybody had any insight into this.

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 04:23:54 PM »
The EEN episodes are a real ghost mystery.  We do know that 100 episodes were made.  I would like to know what themes were discussed.  Was the first opera made on this program?  I need to do more digging on this.  I guess these episodes can be viewed at the Fred Rogers Center or Elizabeth Nesbit room.

Mike   

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 08:14:50 PM »
Here's my understanding...

After returning from Canada, the NOM segments from those episodes were used in the EEN episodes with new footage of Fred filmed to go with them.

Then, with the 1968 episodes began the major run of Mister Rogers Neighborhood with all new footage filmed. This explains the "confusion" on the part of the NOM neighbors in episode 0001 as some of the Neighborhood of Make-Believe was rearranged from the way things were set up in the Canadian NOM clips.

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 06:33:46 PM »
Here's my understanding...

After returning from Canada, the NOM segments from those episodes were used in the EEN episodes with new footage of Fred filmed to go with them.

Then, with the 1968 episodes began the major run of Mister Rogers Neighborhood with all new footage filmed. This explains the "confusion" on the part of the NOM neighbors in episode 0001 as some of the Neighborhood of Make-Believe was rearranged from the way things were set up in the Canadian NOM clips.

Did the EEN episodes ever air again after the national episodes started in 1968?

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 11:46:00 AM »
The EEN episodes are a real ghost mystery.  We do know that 100 episodes were made.  I would like to know what themes were discussed.  Was the first opera made on this program?  I need to do more digging on this.  I guess these episodes can be viewed at the Fred Rogers Center or Elizabeth Nesbit room.

Mike   

The Fred Rogers Center website gives descriptions of these episodes.  Strangely, some of them say that they were "not used in Pittsburgh".  I wonder what aired those days in Pittsburgh.

I don't know if any of the episodes were operas.

PurplePanda

• New to the Neighborhood
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 08:09:34 PM »
Did the EEN episodes have the same format as the post 1968 runs?  Did Mr. Rogers change his clothes and sing the same opening/closing songs in these episodes?

Aaendi

• New to the Neighborhood
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 11:53:45 PM »
This explains those really old episodes I saw on the "Fred Rogers: America's Favorite Nieghbor" DVD.  What does EEN mean anyway?

MrRogers143

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 07:04:36 AM »
EEN stands for Eastern Educational Network. These programs were made in Canada before Pittsburgh.
Steven Simmons
   [Trolley]
[bdbdbdbd]
    o      o