Author Topic: Wall color change?  (Read 4936 times)

NeighborC

• Southwood Neighbor
Wall color change?
« on: August 24, 2011, 09:51:00 AM »
Does anyone know when the color of the walls in Fred's house changed from blue to more of a gray color? Was it addressed in any of the episodes as to why, or did it just happen? It seems to me it was quite late in the series, but I haven't really heard it mentioned.

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
Re: Wall color change?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 10:10:04 AM »
I think that wall color change was brought on to "freshen" up the set as the new season started.  I think I remember watching it the first time around and noticed that myself.

Mike

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 10:14:33 AM »
I didn't particularly care for that stormy color blue wall color.  I thought it was too dark.

Mike

Neighborhood Archive

• Administrator
  • Make-Believe Neighbor
    • The Neighborhood Archive

NeighborC

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 03:35:20 PM »
I didn't particularly care for that stormy color blue wall color.  I thought it was too dark.

Mike

I agree, it was very dark. However, I guess it's my favorite, as it was in most of the episodes I grew up with.

http://www.neighborhoodarchive.com/mrn/episodes/1326/index.html

Sorry, if I was confusing. The color change I meant was when they changed from blue to the gray color in the later episodes.

pastorscott

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 07:16:55 AM »
Yea, I've noticed the different shades of blue, as well as the different "stain" of the doors. The early 1990s saw dark blue walls and lighter stain doors, but the 1980s was darker doors and medium shade of blue.  The later episodes was a lighter shade of blue and lighter doors (which I prefer, as the dark walls and doors never showed up that well).  Glad someone else noticed the changes besides me!

NeighborC

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 11:41:54 AM »
Yea, I've noticed the different shades of blue, as well as the different "stain" of the doors. The early 1990s saw dark blue walls and lighter stain doors, but the 1980s was darker doors and medium shade of blue.  The later episodes was a lighter shade of blue and lighter doors (which I prefer, as the dark walls and doors never showed up that well).  Glad someone else noticed the changes besides me!

Hmm, I didn't really notice that the color of the walls and doors changed in the early 1990s. I'll look for that if I can spot the change. One thing I liked as a kid was how the intro and outro where it mentions the Sears-Roebuck Foundation and Viewers Like You is on a blue background. This always made me think of the blue walls in the house.

Lady_Elaine

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 07:26:34 PM »
The earliest color episodes, from about 1969-70 had a yellow wall color, and brown paneling on the bottom part of the walls. The large picture window had shutters on it instead of curtains, and in the kitchen, the layout was different, there was more brick.. In 1971, the brown paneling on the bottom half of the walls was gone, and the color on the walls changed from a yellow to a light brown/beige. The set stayed this way until episode 1326, when Fred painted the walls blue. They stayed one shade of blue or another for the entire rest of the series.