Author Topic: Episode 1670-Then and Now  (Read 3065 times)

Lawrence Martin

• Westwood Neighbor
Episode 1670-Then and Now
« on: August 22, 2011, 12:12:43 PM »
A  note from this weeks Topic on Then and now and that is This was last time the small Neighborhood music shop that was hidden between the Bakery and the Little Theater was used  for 25 years  from 1968 to 1993 hope this little tidbit was a help
your neighbor
Lawrence
Neighbor Lawrence L Martin :)

pastorscott

• Southwood Neighbor
Re: Episode 1670-Then and Now
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 01:18:57 PM »
I've been always confused about what is what with those three buildings.  I always thought the smaller green building was Betty's theater and the larger blue building the music shop.  Sometimes the camera isn't clear on which of the buildings Mr. Rogers is going to. In the PLAY week of episodes, he goes to Negri's to visit with the blind clarinet and piano player. I think the camera zooms in on the larger blue building. I just verified this by watching the clip from Amazon.  The camera doesn't focus on the green building but on the blue building.

The yellow building is always the bakery. No question about that. 

Lawrence Martin

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 07:59:20 PM »
I believe that in one of the Around the Neighborhood volumes when the walls were going from yellow to blue and the intro and ending models were being change they talked about who lived in what model house and I know for a fact that the yellow building is Brocket's Bakery the little teal/green house is Joe Negri's music shop and then the Dark blue house is Betty's little theater if you were to watch Episode 1387 or any pre 79 Episodes you will recall Fred walking in the front door of the Bakery and Music shop going in and out of those two places  and the front door of the music shop  match that little teal/green house that we saw for 25 years
hope this helps
your neighbor
Lawrence

Lawrence Martin

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 08:10:51 PM »
I should also mention that Episode 1281 is a good shot of all 3 buildings when Fred goes to the theater on that Episode and of course they zoom in on that dark blue building on Episode 1509- Friends
your neighbor
Lawrence

ASchuelke

• Southwood Neighbor
    • WRJQ Goodtime Radio
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 08:46:13 AM »
<<<I believe that in one of the Around the Neighborhood volumes when the walls were going from yellow to blue and the intro and ending models were being change they talked about who lived in what model house >>>

What?? Wow!  I'd love to see that article!

ASchuelke

• Southwood Neighbor
    • WRJQ Goodtime Radio
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 08:57:42 AM »
I was always confused by why they changed a "mainstay" building like Negri's so many times.  And this first reason was to accommodate the visit to the colonial place, if I recall correctly.

But why change THAT building to accommodate one episode?  In many many many other previous episodes, if they visited a "one off" place like that, they'd just add a building or house over on the left side of the model  (Wagner's shoes, dinosaur museum, etc).  And the next week of television visits, it would be gone.

pastorscott

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 04:29:10 PM »
Yep, good point, I wondered why they changed one of the main buildings and just not make their own building somewhere else.