Author Topic: Pulling Out all The Stops!  (Read 3331 times)

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
Pulling Out all The Stops!
« on: August 20, 2011, 10:26:21 PM »
Ok, e-mails have been sent to CreateSpace, Respond2 Entertainment, Fred Rogers Center, and Fred Rogers Co. an all out effort to get to the bottom of when the next series of episodes will be released on Amazon.  So we shall see what happens.  I'm really curious as to how will they all "dance" around the question.  I even asked for episode numbers.  I can at least say that I tried.

Mike

ladyelainefairchilde

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: Pulling Out all The Stops!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 01:35:12 PM »
I think The Fred Rogers Center should consider making there hundreds of video available to everyone. Not just for people who come down to visit the center or for researchers, teachers. I say this because they allready have all of the episodes available. It would make sense and save alot of time if there was away
The Fred Rogers Company, could work something out with The Fred Rogers Center making those available
to everyone. If they don't want to do it for free, charge the same thing amazon is.

I can understand the frustration since we were told 50 more episodes were coming very soon to amazon.
Months later no one really seems to know what happen with those. Atleast they did put up entire library
from 79-01 yrs, excluding conflict unfortunely, 1468-1469 episodes superheroes. Also seeing 20 episodes
from the pre-79 on there was a big surprise. We all should be thankful for that to happen.

ladyelainefairchilde  8) :)

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 08:59:26 AM »
I haven't heard from FCI yet but everyone else has basically said it's in the hands of FCI in terms of the remaining episodes.  So I guess FCI is the one holding things up in that department.  No time table at all.

Mike

ladyelainefairchilde

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 03:02:16 PM »
I've confirmed that amazon hasn't receive anymore episodes of the neighborhood. There are technical and contractual reasons which make it difficult to release all of the episodes in the series. But we intend to keep working to release as many as possible. Amazon will be releasing more Mister Rogers' Neighborhood episodes, but we do not have specific dates for when those programs will be available. You can check our website for updates:  http://www.fci.org/amazon/index.html

There are a few issues still with pre-79 episodes. Which is why they can't be release in a large set of episodes. As quickly as with the episodes made from 1979-2001. They have to sign a release form from my understanding for each of the pre-79 earlier shows. It will definitely take some time before anymore
MRN episodes appear on amazon. They don't think anymore will get release before the end of this year. That could very well change! They said they have to still pay some royalties to each of the actors as well. Not sure if thats for anyone who gets physcial videos from FRC or for the amazon streams. It must be a money factor involve eitherway.

I am sure if it were a simple process. They would of had another 50-100 pre-79s episodes available on amazon by now. Atleast they did release 1-5 1176-1180 1261 1271 1281 1300 1309 1324 1384 1389 1425.
Which should prove FRC is doing all they can to get more episodes release at somepoint. Unfotunely everything takes money in this world, which delays things.

lef  8) :)

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 03:10:37 PM by ladyelainefairchilde »

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 01:07:58 AM »
I'm just guessing here but my gut's telling me you will see more episodes the week after Thanksgiving.  The Monday after Thanksgiving is considered the busiest ONLINE shopping day of the year.  The last time these things were released was the week after Thanksgiving.  They will probably want to capitalize on that week.  That's just my marketing perspective.  Since you can buy those as DVDs as well.  Christmas shopping time will be in full force by that time. 

Mike