Author Topic: Cast Differences in EEN Episodes?  (Read 3178 times)

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
Cast Differences in EEN Episodes?
« on: August 16, 2011, 07:25:47 AM »
Were there any cast differences in the EEN Episodes of MRN?  Was Chef Brockett there?  Mr. McFeely?  Joe Negri?  Was Johnny Costa still the piano player?

Mike

Paul

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: Cast Differences in EEN Episodes?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 05:48:41 PM »
I know Jonny Costa and David Newel came in at the very start of American production and I assume that the other early people were involved since they already seem to be introduced in the First Week.

Lawrence Martin

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 06:06:01 PM »
Joe Negri came in 1964 and was  on the WQED  MISTEROGERS till that program ended in 1965 and was part of the neighborhood from 1966 to 2001
your neighbor
Lawrence
Neighbor Lawrence L Martin :)

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 06:31:44 PM »
Did anyone have roles similar to Mr. McFeely and Lady Aberlin?

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 11:27:16 AM »
I know Jonny Costa and David Newel came in at the very start of American production and I assume that the other early people were involved since they already seem to be introduced in the First Week.

Betty Aberlin was definitely not in the EEN episodes.  But, strangely, in her first MRN episode (Episode 2), Fred seemed to assume kids were familiar with her.  Betty was knocking on Fred's door, and Fred said "guess who that is".  How can kids possibly guess it was her if they had never seen or heard of her before?  Also, neither she nor Fred gave any explanation as to who she was.

Jonathan

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 11:07:28 PM »

Betty Aberlin was definitely not in the EEN episodes.  But, strangely, in her first MRN episode (Episode 2), Fred seemed to assume kids were familiar with her.  Betty was knocking on Fred's door, and Fred said "guess who that is".  How can kids possibly guess it was her if they had never seen or heard of her before?  Also, neither she nor Fred gave any explanation as to who she was.

Maybe they knew her because it was shown on reruns. Just like Mr. Rogers said "I'll be back next time." on his last episode.

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 11:12:31 AM »
Normally I would agree, but I don't think that the first week of episodes ever reran.

We know that the 1968 season started Feb. 19, 1968, but the 1969 season started a week earlier, Feb. 10, 1969.  So that means that 1 week had to be skipped in reruns.  Let me explain why I think it was 1-5 that was skipped.

The 1970 season started a week earlier, Feb. 2, 1970.  The reruns that followed the 1969 season skipped 1 week, which we know was 1-5.

The 1971 season started 2 weeks later, Feb. 15, 1971.  After the 1970 season, they aired 15 seemingly random weeks of the 1968 season, followed by the entire 1969 and 1970 seasons.  Episodes 1-5 was not one of the 15 weeks that reran.

Since Episodes 1-5 is the only week at that point that had no known re-airings, it is very likely that it was also the week that was skipped during the reruns after the 1968 season, and very likely never reran.

I'm guessing that 1-5 was intended to prepare the kid who watched the EEN episodes for the national version of MRN, so they figured it didn't make sense to re-air it.