Author Topic: E-Mail to Amazon  (Read 4103 times)

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
E-Mail to Amazon
« on: August 15, 2011, 10:28:56 AM »
I just sent an e-mail to Amazon Customer Service to see when the next 50 MRN episodes will be released.  They probably won't be able to tell me anything, but I thought it was worth the shot.

Mike

ladyelainefairchilde

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: E-Mail to Amazon
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 10:58:23 AM »
I sent a few messages to the Amazon Instant Video Team department. I got back a response but not
a very good one.

I'm sorry but the most up to date information we have on episodes are available on the TV show details page.

I've seen the facebook page from FRC. They did mention that 50 more episodes would be release through amazon very soon. This was back in late Feb of this year. I'm sure that FRC has all the neighborhood
programs in some sort of digital streaming format. There could be a few copyright issues that need to
be sorted out still. I've myself along others have email FRC about this. They mention that more episodes
would be coming soon to amazon. Brittany Smith mention that they don't have a specific date as to
when amazon will releasing them.

If anyone else knows of any further updates please feel free to share.

ladyelainefairchilde  8) ;D

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 11:32:30 AM »
I just heard back from them.  Those episodes haven't been submitted to Amazon.  They are going to submit my information to get the rest of them released.  I wonder if David Newell is rushing to Amazon to put a stop for releasing the episodes!   >:(

ladyelainefairchilde

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 12:10:12 PM »
Lets hope that they can get the next batch release. That information you submitted will get them to
release the next 50 episodes? Would they beable to get as much as FRC is willing to submit to them?
Thats assuming that there are no legal copyright issues that still need to be sorted out. Hopefully the
rest of the weeks from last years batch become available as well. Such as 1261-1265, 1271-1275 and
so on.

ladyelainefairchilde  :'(

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 12:46:16 PM »
Amazon just said that they would submit my feedback for releasing more episodes.  I think FRCenter already has all the episodes converted to digital format.  Unless they all have to be re-converted to another format, even still it wouldn't take that long.  I have noticed that these episodes on Amazon have a DRM protection label attached to the WMV file.  I don't think think there is no rhyme or reason as to which 50 episodes will be released.  It took me a long time to figure out how to navigate Amazon's site of MRN episodes.  Season 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. wasn't matching up.  Then there is a separate section 1979-2001.  The whole site needs to be simplified. 

Mike

ladyelainefairchilde

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 01:04:26 PM »
Amazon should take out the ones from The Best of MRN that are not pre-79s. Put them in the other category 1979-2001 episodes. Continue to work on adding pre-79s to The Best of MRN package. There
is a hold up but it could be that amazon is just focus on newer tv shows than old school MRN at this
time lol.

ladyelainefairchilde  ???

ladyelainefairchilde

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 01:08:40 PM »
There is DRM protection on all the wmv downloads. One would think there wouldn't be since you purchase it. Unfortunely it does not work that way with streams. I suspect this is down to ensure the copyright holders that none of the downloads will show up on other websites. It you wanted to make a dvd from
those downloads it would be a task. Since you have to deal with DRM, unless you choose to purchase
the dvds. Price on those are pretty high. Not all the 1979-2001 are yet available on dvd discs. I believe
80 episodes are available on dvd discs from the 1979-2001 series. Rest from that era streams on amazon
at this time.

ladyelainefairchilde  >:(
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 01:12:23 PM by ladyelainefairchilde »

pastorscott

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 03:14:24 PM »
Concerning the comment about David Newell rushing to Amazon to stop releasing the episodes, why would he do this?  He wants these episodes to be seen just as much as you want to watch them.  He personally told me this last year.  I feel that the statement about Newell rushing to stop Amazon is an unfair and unneighborly statement to make. 

The people at the Fred Rogers Company are sincere in preserving Fred's legacy and in making these episodes available.  Let's not paint these people as sinister.  Many of whom have been with FRC/FCI for many years even when Fred was alive. 

Have a little more patience.  Last year at this time, I wanted to watch any episode.  Only 26 were available on the PBS website.  And now we have like 350 or so on Amazon.  Let's be grateful for the positive steps that have been taken by FCI/FRC and by Amazon.

Paul

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 04:29:35 PM »
Scott,

You said it perfectly. Let's be grateful.

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 11:08:59 PM »
I was only joking about David Newell.  I'm still frosted that they took the pre79s out of rotation since the early 90s.  Maybe that was Fred's idea, but I kinda doubt it. 

Mike

Paul

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 07:35:29 AM »
I was only joking about David Newell. 

Glad to here it. I was a little worried that you really thought he was doing that...  :)