Author Topic: Chuck Aber - Truth Will Make Me Free  (Read 3056 times)

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
Chuck Aber - Truth Will Make Me Free
« on: August 15, 2011, 09:27:34 AM »
MRN Episode 1583 - Chuck Aber sings a really good version of this song.  You almost get the impression of what could have been with Chuck taking over of Fred.

Mike

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
Re: Chuck Aber - Truth Will Make Me Free
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 07:15:38 AM »
I seem to remember something about this particular episode.  This is the one where one time I was watching it and started to cry because I was going through something rather personal at the time.  Fred was brillant with that song.  Surprisingly he wrote that song I think in 1970.  I'm not sure if he thought that song would be shown 30 years later.  But, it's a song that can easily be passed from one generation to another. 

Mike 

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 10:24:09 AM »
I was listening to this song a little more closely.  The last part sounds like the ending to an anthem - "Discovering truth..... will make me free."

Mike   

Paul

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 02:16:32 PM »
I seem to remember something about this particular episode.  This is the one where one time I was watching it and started to cry because I was going through something rather personal at the time.  Fred was brillant with that song.  Surprisingly he wrote that song I think in 1970.  I'm not sure if he thought that song would be shown 30 years later.  But, it's a song that can easily be passed from one generation to another. 

How true with all his music. At one time my mother had found out that she had a medical condition that was a little scarry. The episode for the day was a Brave and Strong one where Chuck Aber and Betty Aberlin sing "Are you brave but don't know it..." She wasn't afraid anymore. Whenever I'm feeling down about something, particullarly missing Mister Rogers how it used to be, I go snuggle up with my pillow and put on Please Don't Think It's Funny or the A Place of Our Own record. How powerful and inspired.

David Mauldin

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 10:16:40 AM »
Can anyone write down the lyrics?

Paul

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 10:24:24 AM »
Tim has all the lyrics to all the songs typed up here: http://www.neighborhoodarchive.com/music/songs/index.html