Author Topic: Which episodes mention God?  (Read 2647 times)

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
Which episodes mention God?
« on: August 14, 2011, 09:56:49 AM »
I seem to remember an instance where Betty and Daniel have a talk about God or something about a prayer.  I really don't remember it well.  How many and which episodes mention prayer, God, etc.  There aren't many.  I know that King Friday referred to the alien creature as a heavenly body.

Mike

Paul

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: Which episodes mention God?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 04:09:55 PM »
I remember in one of the much later episodes, ~Hula Mouse Era, Lady Aberlain says something like, "That's right Trolley, we'll keep hoping, hoping and praying." Can't remember which episode it is though...

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 11:12:27 AM »
I seem to remember an instance where Betty and Daniel have a talk about God or something about a prayer.  I really don't remember it well.  How many and which episodes mention prayer, God, etc.  There aren't many.  I know that King Friday referred to the alien creature as a heavenly body.

Mike

That song is the Creation Duet, and it was used in Daycare and Nightcare week (Episode 1519, I think).  Betty Aberlin talked about that song in the interview that she posted.

Episode 1083, from the 1970 season, includes several Christian songs which mention God.

Also, in Episode 1125, the Pineapples and Tomatoes opera from 1970, Operator Aberlin sings a song (to Vice President Reardon, when he visits Lady Elaine) with the verses "Be careful, vice president.  Be careful, I pray".  For some reason, I really love that song, and the 2 others from that same opera with the same music: "I wonder, if he's alright" (also sung by Operater Aberlin, referring to Vice President Reardon), and "I like you, Miss Aberlin" (sung by Vice President Reardon).

mjb1124

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 11:06:32 PM »
1365 has Mister Rogers singing "Thank You God" to the tune of "Tree Tree Tree".

http://www.neighborhoodarchive.com/music/songs/thank_you_god.html