Author Topic: Favorite Opera Song?  (Read 5125 times)

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
Favorite Opera Song?
« on: August 14, 2011, 09:27:14 AM »
Whats your favorite opera song?

Mine is:  Polishing, Polishing, Polishing Everything (Granddad for Daniel)  - I love the tempo and stride of that song.

Paul

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: Favorite Opera Song?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 04:35:54 PM »
Of course, every Mister Rogers song, especially operas are my favorite, but a few specifics: Never any trouble..., I often thought I was extra..., When the day turns into night..., This is my home..., well, all of them!

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 08:34:13 AM »
I was in a bad mood last night at work and found myself singing the line from Lady Elaine - Take my word from me honey, just cool it.  Let it all cool down.

Mike

Lady_Elaine

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 07:31:47 PM »
I like Reardon's swan song to Betty at the end of the Otherland opera. Very melodic and he shows what a great range he had. I also liked "Day Into Night sung by Mr. Clemmons. One that I would like to hear again sometime is from opera 1169 "I Take Care of the Animals" just because it has been so many years since I heard it.

MrRogers143

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 08:42:16 PM »
I liked When The Day Turns Into Night.
Steven Simmons
   [Trolley]
[bdbdbdbd]
    o      o

Dais79

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 08:51:39 PM »
Of course, every Mister Rogers song, especially operas are my favorite, but a few specifics: Never any trouble..., I often thought I was extra..., When the day turns into night..., This is my home..., well, all of them!

Ditto, Paul!!  Those are some of my faves, too.
"You know, I think everybody longs to be loved, and longs to know that he or she is lovable. And, consequently, the greatest thing that we can do is to help somebody know that they're loved and capable of loving."
- Fred Rogers

JCostaThePro

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 12:02:50 AM »
Again, too many to mention. I love some of the songs from Potato Bugs & Cows, Key To Otherland, Windstorm In Bubbleland, Spoon Mountain, A Granddad For Daniel and A Star For Kitty pretty much.

Especially the Swan Song and "I wanna granddad, i wanna granddad." They're very beautiful songs. And i definately love "When The Day Turns Into Night."