Author Topic: Model Layout Changes  (Read 2208 times)

earnhardtfan4life

• Make-Believe Neighbor
Model Layout Changes
« on: August 12, 2011, 05:29:26 PM »
Do we know what the reasoning behind all the different model layout changes over the years for the opening shots of MRN mean?  Obviously the first one would be the change from NET to PBS.  It seem like it changed so many times.  I was just curious.

Mike

pastorscott

• Southwood Neighbor
Re: Model Layout Changes
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 08:56:08 PM »
That's a great question.  I heard once that the original model in the first season color episodes (still with NET building) wasn't very colorful becuase it basically derived from the Black/White episodes. I think that what I heard was true, as you see more color added to the layout until episode 1326--when the neighborhood layout drastically changed to the more "modern" layout (of course, in the mid 1990s, some of the core buildings...the McFeely's house and Betty's Theater (the small green building) changed again).  I also heard that the reason behind the change was because the older layout was hard for the camera. The newer layout was easier for the camera angles.

Has anyone heard these thoughts before?  Does anyone have any other ideas?

By the way, whenever we watch one of the older eps from Amazon, my toddler kids notice and comment on the "different town." Cute.