Author Topic: MRN Airing on PBS Next Week  (Read 1892 times)

ExaminerTofty

• New to the Neighborhood
MRN Airing on PBS Next Week
« on: February 22, 2018, 07:58:14 PM »
This has already been talked about in other threads, but I wanted to post this so that anyone who may not have been reading the other threads will see this and find out about what is happening. For those that don't already know, starting this coming Monday, the 26th, PBS is going to be airing a week of episodes of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood episodes paired with installments of Mister Rogers. This begins with a new Daniel Tiger episode "Daniel's Goldfish Dies/Daniel's Strawberry Seeds," followed by the installment of Mister Rogers in which he talks about the loss of his own goldfish. The rest of the week's schedule is as follows:

2-27 - "Pediatrician's Visit/Families/Adoption" (following Daniel Tiger - "The Tiger Family Grows/Daniel Learns About Being A Big Brother")
2-28 - "Opera: A Granddad for Daniel" (following Daniel Tiger - "Visiting Grandpere/The Tiger Family Goes Back Home")
3-1  - "Friends" (following Daniel Tiger - "Friends Help Each Other/Daniel Helps O Tell A Story")
3-2 - "Friends" (apparently the same episode again if the schedule is to be believed, though this time "Daniel Gets Mad/Katerina Gets Mad" for Daniel Tiger)

ExaminerTofty

Re: MRN Airing on PBS Next Week
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 07:08:03 PM »
A further heads-up - for those who have access to the PBSKids app and/or watch through the website, PBS has made a ''much'' larger collection of full episodes available to stream via that - a total of 54, including the ones being broadcast on television, if my count is correct. There's also a number of clips, including some promotional material, a remembrance clip and songs.

I don't know how long all of this is going to remain on there, so that's something to keep in mind, though given that the special doesn't air until next week, I wouldn't be surprised if it remains through at least next week.

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 11:07:12 AM »
A further heads-up - for those who have access to the PBSKids app and/or watch through the website, PBS has made a ''much'' larger collection of full episodes available to stream via that - a total of 54, including the ones being broadcast on television, if my count is correct. There's also a number of clips, including some promotional material, a remembrance clip and songs.

I don't know how long all of this is going to remain on there, so that's something to keep in mind, though given that the special doesn't air until next week, I wouldn't be surprised if it remains through at least next week.

How do we access those episodes?  I can't find them anywhere.  Do you have a list of episodes?  Thanks.

ExaminerTofty

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 09:39:48 PM »
If you go to pbskids.org/video you will find it all there. Once you are on there, look for the scroll on the right and keep clicking down until you see the icon of Mister Rogers with the Daniel Striped Tiger puppet and click on that. He's between the icon of the PBSKids girl and the Cat in the Hat. Once you're on it, if you click the tab with the the lines next to each other, you can select from individual episodes or clips. I don't know if there's a way to find a list anywhere. If you really want me to type them all up, I will, but given that there are over 50 posted at the moment, I'd rather not. Alternatively, if you have a smart TV, Roku, or other supported device, just download the PBSKids app and you can select it from there - personally, I find this rather easier.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 09:41:19 PM by ExaminerTofty »

mitsguy2001

• Make-Believe Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 02:36:44 PM »
Thank you.  Other than 1101, it seems that all of the episodes are post-75s.