Author Topic: MRN stream about Youtube  (Read 1970 times)

wawbeast44

• New to the Neighborhood
MRN stream about Youtube
« on: May 22, 2017, 08:38:16 AM »
I think it goes without saying that some people were uploading episodes from the stream to Youtube or other video sharing site's. It is a great honor for the Fred Rogers Company, and we should respect their wishes. Please sign by posting on this thread that you agree with this and you're not one of those who upload and disrespect the FRC.

LadyElaine

Re: MRN stream about Youtube
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 08:52:48 AM »
My understanding was that if people were recording the stream, it was for personal time delayed viewing and not for illegal sharing via YouTube or other sharing sites. It is a shame if videos are being used in this fashion and I imagine that it will be addressed by the FRC (if indeed this is happening).

MrRogers143

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 09:48:51 AM »
I'm glad to be able to see these programs however they're shared, and if there's a way I could download them for myself to watch whenever I can, that's even better. But if I can only watch or listen to them, I'm very appreciative of it. I don't plan on uploading any programs I have on video websites, but I'm very grateful for anyone who has and I can see them.
Steven Simmons
   [Trolley]
[bdbdbdbd]
    o      o

LadyElaine

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 10:27:37 AM »
Fred Rogers' own thoughts on recording episodes of 'the Neighborhood' for personal delayed home viewing can be found in the following article:
http://mentalfloss.com/article/29686/how-mister-rogers-saved-vcr

MIKEBENNIDICT

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 01:16:12 PM »
I certainly don't wanna disrespect the FRC but I'd like to see more of these episodes  put up on YT because they have 0 pre-79's on their own site and while at first I was able to watch the twitch stream but by the time the 69 episodes began to air then that's when the streaming trouble began.