Author Topic: Twitch will be streaming ALL Mister Rogers Neighborhood Episodes  (Read 10497 times)

PurplePanda

• New to the Neighborhood
Been a while since I've posted.  Exciting news for tomorrow......;D!!!!

Apparently Twitch is going to be live-streaming ALL 886 episodes of Mr. Rogers back to back! 

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/mister-rogers-neighborhood-twitch-streaming-free-1202422417/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lrzR-63BeI

Here is the official page on twitch.

https://www.twitch.tv/misterrogers

Anybody else got more details on this?

mjb1124

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: Twitch will be streaming ALL Mister Rogers Neighborhood Episodes
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 02:23:30 AM »
Already being discussed in this thread and on the Archive Facebook page.

MIKEBENNIDICT

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 03:14:46 PM »
Enjoying it so far but this live stream has been stalling.

MIKEBENNIDICT

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 02:32:15 PM »
Notice all the boom mic shadows in these old episodes?

ASchuelke

• Southwood Neighbor
    • WRJQ Goodtime Radio
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 03:52:16 PM »
I noticed that Fred sure likes his milk in 1968  :)

MIKEBENNIDICT

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 04:22:56 PM »
How often did kids visit the NOMB?

MIKEBENNIDICT

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 06:03:36 PM »
Hope they get to Season 2 soon.

I have to work tomorrow and don't wanna miss too much of them.

Thought I'd be seeing them by now.

mjb1124

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 07:18:29 PM »
Season 2 should arrive somewhere between 6-7 AM Pacific/9-10 AM Eastern, if I'm not mistaken.

ASchuelke

• Southwood Neighbor
    • WRJQ Goodtime Radio
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 07:42:25 PM »
That's what I'm figuring, too.  Around 9:00 or 9:30 central time is when #1001 should stream.  What throws the schedule off a bit are the promos in between the episodes, and the occasional "Garden Of Your Mind" video, which clocks in at a couple minutes on its own.  So, it's hard to go EXACTLY 30 minutes from episode to episode in order to determine which show will stream at an exact time. 

rogersfan1

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 09:23:16 PM »
Some observations from what I've seen of the episodes
Interesting how Miss Palkuficate was an unseen character from the beginning while not appearing until 1971
Seems so different seeing Make Believe and real neighborhood linked directly and the telescope transition' I am anxious to see if it continues in 1969 or just for that season
Also, neat hearing songs like Daniel Tiger I'm tame song and the introductions of Donkey Hodie, Sara Saturday, as well as the Corny's factory fire episode where King Friday was acting way crazy
Looking most forward to seeing the 1969 episodes although I'll be at work at the start I should be getting off right on time for the royal wedding in 1015, once it approaches 1036 it will be interesting to see which if any if those episodes get skipped although by my count that will come at about 3am central time Friday morning.

pastorscott

• Southwood Neighbor
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 09:43:59 PM »
I am surprised by how much time is spent in the NOM.  Perhaps it's because Fred didn't venture out of his house too much in these early episodes, so sometimes we get two visits to the NOM in an episode.  One for a concert in the king's room and then another more "typical" NOM situation.  And even the typical NOM situations are pretty lengthy.  I remember the more recent ones, it seemed that the NOM segments were pretty short, since Fred was always going out of the studio for a remote, which took more time.

Furthermore, I'm surprised by some of the topics covered...like the scientist testing the water from Corney's well and explaining water testing.  That topic isn't a preschool topic...it's more a grade school topic.  I wonder if the older episodes aimed at an older age and then the target age declined as the years went on? 

ASchuelke

• Southwood Neighbor
    • WRJQ Goodtime Radio
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 08:43:30 AM »
"I wonder if the older episodes aimed at an older age and then the target age declined as the years went on?"

I think you're right, PastorScott.  I don't have any concrete proof of that, but I do remember hearing that at one point the "target age" moved down a couple years.

mjb1124

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 10:09:30 AM »
We've reached the color episodes!  1001 aired around 10:30 AM EST and now we're on 1002.   

1001 was a 1976 rerun print with the trolley card and 1971 PBS logo.   We'll see if the pre-1976 prints Tim got for some episodes are also used here.

MIKEBENNIDICT

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 06:31:25 PM »
I'm glad we're finally on the 69 shows though too bad I probably missed more than half of them.

It's too bad these were re-edited where we could see the NET logo.

MIKEBENNIDICT

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 07:22:43 PM »
I am surprised by how much time is spent in the NOM.  Perhaps it's because Fred didn't venture out of his house too much in these early episodes, so sometimes we get two visits to the NOM in an episode.  One for a concert in the king's room and then another more "typical" NOM situation.  And even the typical NOM situations are pretty lengthy.  I remember the more recent ones, it seemed that the NOM segments were pretty short, since Fred was always going out of the studio for a remote, which took more time.

Furthermore, I'm surprised by some of the topics covered...like the scientist testing the water from Corney's well and explaining water testing.  That topic isn't a preschool topic...it's more a grade school topic.  I wonder if the older episodes aimed at an older age and then the target age declined as the years went on?

I'm sure there were other times where Mr. Rogers might of brought up topics that might of not been understandable for younger kids.