Author Topic: Epioodes streaming online  (Read 6959 times)

MIKEBENNIDICT

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: Epioodes streaming online
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 01:56:46 PM »
Wonder why they wouldn't show all of them as is?

mjb1124

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2017, 09:22:15 PM »
We're up to episode #14 so far.   There were some technical difficulties early on, but it seems like they've gotten things together. 
  Oddly, episode #1 cut out the model neighborhood and TV house pan, and started with MR singing "It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood".    But otherwise, the episodes so far seem to be unedited, including the NET ID at the end.    I haven't caught every single episode, but judging from how things are timing out, it doesn't seem like anything's been skipped yet.

LadyElaine

• New to the Neighborhood
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2017, 10:00:50 AM »
Episode 39 now Toots!

mjb1124

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 11:55:25 AM »
Heads up:  We're on episode 42 now, so it looks like the first opera (Babysitter Opera) will air around 2 PM EST/11 AM PST.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 12:55:55 PM by mjb1124 »

LadyElaine

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2017, 12:59:14 PM »
...I'm Taking Care of You...

ASchuelke

• Southwood Neighbor
    • WRJQ Goodtime Radio
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2017, 02:26:20 PM »
Just wanted to stop in and say HELLO to everybody who's enjoying the MRN marathon!
I've been watching it on my TV in the living room with my Roku.  Hope everybody with a Roku knows you can do that -- it's a MUCH better experience than watching it on a computer screen with other distractions.  I got home from work last night around 8:00, and I'm off today, so it's been on ever since.  I even fell asleep on my couch last night (I don't have a TV in the bedroom)... it was so nice to wake up this morning to MRN! 

What are you all looking forward to the most?  For me, these 1968 episodes are wonderful (they're ALL wonderful) ... but I'm especially looking forward to the 1969 episodes, and the 1974/1975 episodes.  One reason I'm looking forward to the 1974/1975 episodes (among many other reasons) is because that's when Johnny Costa added the drums and bass to the everyday soundtrack.  A heads up to any of you jazzheads:  if you haven't seen any 74/75 episodes in awhile, be sure to pay attention to the closing credits, ESPECIALLY on the Friday episodes from those years.  The Costa trio was absolutely SMOKIN' hot and swingin!

Toot toot!
Aaron Schuelke

MIKEBENNIDICT

• Westwood Neighbor
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2017, 08:58:53 PM »
Wish I could stay home till this marathon's over.

Just think of everyone who wants to do the same thing though I hope no one's doing it.

I've noticed in the spots in between the shows some of the people are young and not around when these early episodes were produced and a good deal of them only saw the pre79's.

Makes me wonder what they think of MRN in its infancy?

ManFromMars22

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017, 01:19:54 PM »
The marathon is beyond awesome! I've been getting to see pre-79 episodes that I've been trying to get my hands on for a long time. If this is a dream, don't wake me up!
"Whatever you want to do, do it now. There are only so many tomorrows." - Michael Landon