Author Topic: Episode of Barney taken out of rerun cycles for being too boring?  (Read 2384 times)

Aaendi

• New to the Neighborhood
Episode of Barney taken out of rerun cycles for being too boring?
« on: September 06, 2016, 05:50:40 PM »
I've been re-watching some older Barney episodes for nostalgia.  I remember most of the episodes from Season 1 from when I was a little kid, and most of them are still pretty watchable, except for this episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIveWKbTxm0

I know this is a show for little kids, but why is it so much worse than every other Season 1 episode?, and why is it the only one I don't remember?  Do I not remember it because it was a bad episode, or was it because they removed it from reruns because PBS didn't like the episode, or a combination of both?

What's also funny is that the firetruck scene in the opening used to drive me crazy trying to remember which episode it was from.  I used to think it was a deleted scene from "Playing it Safe" but now I know it's from this "lost" episode.

MrRogers143

• Westwood Neighbor
Re: Episode of Barney taken out of rerun cycles for being too boring?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 10:29:28 PM »
I actually remember this episode as being one of my favorites. I just felt like giving my own personal opinion, and my favorite song is actually "Hurry Hurry Drive the Firetruck".
Steven Simmons
   [Trolley]
[bdbdbdbd]
    o      o

Aaendi

• New to the Neighborhood
Re: Episode of Barney taken out of rerun cycles for being too boring?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 11:58:25 PM »
I just find it boring that the whole thing is happening in the kids's imaginations without much going on screen.  They're just sitting on a bench the entire time.